Thursday, August 2, 2007

Too good for sitting.............

Jason actually put the chair on the couch before he sat next to it............
Jason has this crazy obsession with Spongebob Square Pants. It all started when he was around his friend William who started this love of Spongebob at an earlier age than Jason (pretty wild). This yellow sponge has turned out to be quite the influence on Jason. He sings the theme song, mainly in his own words. When we are outside playing and he gets really excited he starts to sing it over and over again. So 'Bob Bob' holds quite a high standing in our house. Just an indication of how impressionable kids are.



Spongebob is such a recognizable character that the other day when I was walking down an isle of the grocery store Jason started to scream "BOB BOB!!! BOB BOB!!!!!" over and over again. But, we were in the pasta isle..............why would Spongebob be there? I went on thinking he was imagining things (boy parents can be a pain in their kids behinds.) Then he got even more mad.....kind of like he knew I was blowing the Bob Bob thing off. So, I circled back. Of course there was Spongebob on a box of mac and cheese. Boy did I feel like a dufus. I should really believe Jason more often.



Anyway, yesterday Jason and I went bed shopping so that he doesn't have to sleep on the floor anymore. Not only did we find a great deal on a bed......which will be here in a week to 10 days.........but we also found a Spongebob chair on sale (I am a sucker for sales). He loves it but at times he thinks it is just too good to sit in. So he sits next to it and hugs it. In a way it is more his friend than a piece of furniture. Go figure................. I guess he could have picked a worse character to be-friend.

No comments: