Friday, August 31, 2007

The incredible shrinking bed


I am sure every kid has went to bed with their parents. I remember doing it. Now we have Jason who does it. He comes in our room in the middle of the night and says "I bed now." This was cute at first, but now it is really interfering in sleep time. If he could just come to bed and lie still, all would be well, but it could never be that easy. He starts out laying right between Colin and I with his head on the pillow, then the movement begins. Of course he doesn't snuggle close to Colin, but as close as he can get to me. Then the black ops kicking begins. I call it black ops because it isn't a normal kick. It starts with him barely touching me with his leg, then it gets harder and harder (always in a soft spot), before the twisting of his foot starts. It is like torture. He especially love to do this right on my kidney. I always thought a queen bed was plenty large, but now I know why people have kings. Our bed feels like a single when Jason joins us, I can't imagine what it will be like with two kids. Have a great labor day weekend everyone. Be safe and enjoy.

1 comment:

favoritemom said...

This story sounds familiar - maybe like father like son! Anything for a nights sleep. Take care love ya.