Friday, August 10, 2007

A project complete!!!

As you know we have been working on Jason's room a lot since we moved to this house. Yesterday we added to two final components, a new bed and closet doors. I have to say it was an interesting go of it. While Jason and I were at Home Depot getting his closet doors, we got the phone call.......... His bed was in and ready for pickup. I could see the excitement in Jason's face (even though he had no clue what was going on). So we finished getting our supplies and picked the bed up.

Once we arrived at the house, it set in, I had to unload everything by myself. There is only one thing to say about that....... thank God twin beds don't weigh too much. Once we got everything inside, the real excitement started. Jason and I chose to assemble the bed first. Everything went really smoothly until we attempted to assemble the side rail (that we bought separately). We needed a screw driver for this project. For those of you that recall one of my previous blogs............ Jason + screwdriver = DANGER!!!!!! I started to lay out all of the parts and didn't notice that Jason had grabbed the screwdriver and was coming toward me. I understand that he thinks I have a loose screw, but lord almighty that hurt when he stabbed me in the side. After recovering the weapon and starting work on the rail I came to the harsh realization that that rail was not going to fit the bed. It was just a minor set back. What do you do when something doesn't fit........ Make It!!!!! What do you use........ Duct Tape!!!!!! Needless to say, it worked out perfectly and looks like it was made for the bed.


Always wear protection on your head when working..... hence the wicker hard hat.

By the time I finished that project Colin had arrived, home from work. After a quick dinner break, we went on to finish the final project for his room.................closet doors. With terrible instructions, even worse drawings, the only way to explain this project was improvise. Using what little information Colin got from the instructions he conquered the closet doors. Though they were put up a few times before it finally worked. Thank goodness that is finished. I think Colin would have went completely gray if it hadn't of.


Hard at work.

In the end we were left with one very dirty room. So, it was clean up time. With Jason this means that it is on........... He feels the need to try to dirty a room as fast as you try to clean. A very fun game for him, but in true mom fashion, I won..................


A little reading time, thanks for the book Maggie!!!

After getting everything picked up it was time to try out the bed with a short reading session with Dad. Jason was super excited and couldn't stop smiling. But the real question is.... How did he sleep? Well, this morning at 7 am (he usually gets up at 5 or 5:30) we realized that his crib mattress on the floor must have been extra uncomfortable because he was still sleeping. He finally woke up at 7:15. Thank You Denver Mattress for the comfy bed. It helps us sleep much better.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

WOO HOO! It looks so good!

The question is... where are Jason's pants during all of this? Or is that a dumb question?

Good job Moody Family!

Moody Family said...

Pants? This is so bad, but I didn't even notice that he didn't have any on. He never wears pants at home. I am lucky if I can keep his shirt on him. That is my Nudy Moody!!!

petecobb99 said...

apparently, colin does not appreciate the necessity of the hard-hat as much as jason...