Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dentist and Golf

It is almost worse to anticipate a trip to the dentist than it is to actually go. As I played with Jason in the reception area I could hear the crew hard at work on Colin's mouth. The sounds are terrible and made me cringe. Jason passed the time by doing belly flops on the floor. He just didn't seem to be intimidated by the strange place and the sounds. I was freaking out..........

We hadn't been to the dentist in years so I was expecting the worst. Jason had never been in a dentist office either, so I thought it was going to be a true rodeo. He wasn't going to have a checkup, but he did have to watch us get worked on. Overall, it was a success. The dentist, yes the man with the degree and all of the training held Jason while I got my x-rays and Colin was getting his teeth cleaned. Jason put up quite a fight, kicking and screaming in the poor mans face, but all was well. All of us were shocked to see the professional in the office babysitting, but it worked out for the best. Once the x-rays were finished, Jason sat on my lap brushing his teeth while my teeth were cleaned. If you can't picture this here goes....... I am tilted so far that my head is a good 6 inches lower than my butt and Jason is sitting on my stomach. Seeing the hygenist pick at my mouth was overly tempting for Jason so on occasion he attempted to assist by puting his toothbrush in my mouth. It was soooooooooo much fun. You might be wondering where Colin was during this......... well, he had a little more done on his mouth than I did and his visit was much more uncomfortable than mine. It just wouldn't have been fare to have him hold Jason too.

Most people that haven't been to the dentist in 7 or more years most likely would expect to have cavities if not more. Well.............. Lucky us!!! No cavities. But, all of these years I have believed that I have no wisdom teeth. Well, the harsh reality is that I have two..... Two!!! Not only are they there, but horizontal and buried in my gums. So, I guess I will have to go in for a quick oral surgery before I will be cleared by the dentist.............. don't know when I will do that though. I learned that it isn't good to wait that long to go to the dentist though. It would be much easier to go on a regular basis. Even though we waited too long between visits, everything turned out for the best and Jason did so well that I will be bragging about yesterdays visit for a long time to come.

After returning home Jason and I decided that there isn't really a better activity to top off a rough morning of getting picked at than swinging a club. Jason has been working on his golf swing as you can see in the video. We prefer him swinging at the ball instead of us or the dogs though. I think I might need to take lessons from our new expert. He does like to tell everyone how to hold a club. I will try to get that on video sometime so that everyone can enjoy it. I hope all of you are having an excellent week. Take care and I will have more stories for you very soon.

1 comment:

Madison <3 said...

OH MY GOSH WHAT A PICTURE THAT IS PROBALY THE WEIRDEST THIGH I HAVE HERD