Friday, August 24, 2007

The good, the bad, and the really really bad......

I have to say, being pregnant again has really made an impact on Jason as well as myself, but our daily routine has taken the hardest hit. It is difficult enough to not feel well, when chasing a near 20 month old around is added, things get interesting. Our chores have piled up, grocery shopping is a nightmare, even being home and trying to feed Jason meals is a challenge. This will sound strange to those of you that haven't been a sick pregnant person or been around one, but I have to say...... it isn't good. Jason thinks I am crazy and doesn't understand what is going on. He has had a cold too. So he wants my full attention, he doesn't want to see me running to the bathroom. To top off an already tough situation, I am also getting in some mega embarrassing moments.

The day started out with me feeling............... just bad, but a short trip to the grocery store took a turn for the worst when I hit the meat isle. For the faint hearted, turn away now.... don't read on............... I thought I was coping well. Most of the groceries were in my cart and all I needed was a little meat. The second the smell of raw meat hit my nose there was no holding back. Yes, I got sick in the middle of the meat isle. Jason was mortified. His face dropped and he was actually looking around at people all around us. I was mortified as well. That goes down as the most embarrassing moment of my life. Then to top it off this employee with a seeing eye dog comes over to clean it up. It was like a sick sick circus act. I have to say, that was the moment our day hit rock bottom. It is hard to imagine a worse time.

With me feeling so bad, Jason has had to step up and really be a big boy. He wanted a little food, but cooking was not in my near future so I poured him a bowl of cereal and he ate it like a champ. He is such a good boy and has been a great helper, even when I embarrass him.

You would think that when a person feels bad, they will never want to eat..... that is crazy thing about being pregnant, nothing is normal. About 7 last night I was so hungry for a brownie. I had made myself eat a little steak and some rice, I was actually feeling good. The idea of a brownie was strong in this one. So, Colin and Jason got their bake on. They made brownies and white chocolate chip cookies last night.



The Moody Men hard at work.



If you come across Colin or Jason, know how great they are for sticking by me through this (although it is half Colin's fault...... he deserves it just for that). OK, give Jason the much deserved kudos. What a big boy helper. I hope everyone wasn't too grossed out by this one, but I just wanted to let all of you know how great Jason is. Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

coalesm said...

Hey.. sounds like pregnancy rocks.. ha ha ha.. just kidding.. i can't understand the sick part but I can understand being pregnant with another little one and that is a challenge all in it's own.. my guys was only 11 months old when we got pregnant! It only gets a little more difficult.. but I know if I can do it you deffinetly can cause you're a supermom too!

petecobb99 said...

wow, did you get to hear them say, "clean-up on aisle 10"?
hope you feel good...
we all already know how great all three of you are...

gardenboy said...

it sounds like your men have stepped up to help you. hang in there...it is easy to say but not always so easy to do. after all the encouragement I have received the past couple months with my new school endeavor I am sending my thoughts to you.

and just think how much fun twins could be!!!!!!


kidding kidding kidding

at least it wasn't clean up in aisle 10....and 11...and ....

amy said...

eeek. how awful! but i ditto what gardenboy said, you're lucky to have your boys. hang in there - i'm hoping this morning sickness thing passes soon.

Moody Family said...

Thanks for the support everyone. And Yes, I did hear.... Clean up in the meat department, Clean up in the meat department. It was surreal and feels like it was a bad dream.... thank goodness the dog didn't eat any of the yuck. That was my biggest fear at the moment him and the man walked up to me. As for twins......... YIKES!!! That is a frightening thought. We won't even go there. So, for the future, what do you do when you don't feel well.... walk and walk and walk.....