Sunday, September 30, 2007

A weekend with wild man

This weekend was wild as I usually report, but this time it was cut short. Colin had to go to Laramie on Sunday for work so we took advantage of our one day weekend, then Jason and I boogied down with the house to ourselves.


As always we began our Saturday with a walk. I don't get it either. All week I was followed by a growing group of antelope, then I bring Colin with me and they all run away. Maybe they know something I don't.



In deep thought.

About 30 minutes in we looked to see a storm building up so we decided to turn around. Colin kept on studying the clouds, in hopes that it would pass, but it continued to grow so we made our way home.


Braving the wind.



A view of Casper "Mountain" with an antelope (you have to look closely to see it)

We did get close enough to take a sub-par picture of an antelope for Amy, but since it is such poor quality I will continue to take my camera out to catch the good shot. Dang Colin. If he hadn't scared all of the poor antelope away I would have had a close up.



Look closely and you will see a snake

No walk is good without a little excitement. Just as we were making our way up the last hill toward home right there in front of us was a snake. Of course this wasn't pleasant, but we made our way around and, following Crissy's actions with the pool snake, I took a pic. It was pretty long but not poisonous.......... Thank goodness.


Rocking out!!!


We finished out Saturday with more walking and helping Colin prep for his big trip back to Laramie (laundry). It was busy, but nice to spend time as a family.

Once Colin left Jason got his music shoes on and played some laundry tunes for me. So soothing.......... We had a nice day rocking out............... Jason is the best dancer I know........ and singing............. his voice is right up there too. As the evening approached things began to get ugly. Jason wanted his dad. They usually spend their evenings rough housing and playing. Jason looks forward to that time so much that he was crushed when Colin didn't come home. He pointed to a picture of Colin and kept on saying "Daddy..... Daddy... My Daddy....... Daddy" crying the whole time. Then he finally tuckered himself out enough for me to take him to bed. Last night showed me that Jason is impossible to sleep with................ One word...... KICK!!!!

It sounds like Colin's trip is a success. There are a lot of students interested in working for his company and hopefully today they will find some good prospects. But the strange thing is how 2 years can make such a difference. Laramie is still a welcoming town, but Colin didn't know many people. Then he got even more strange but exciting news. You see, he was looking forward to seeing one of his old professors, but the man wasn't there. When Colin asked another former prof, he was informed that his old prof was not there because he was working on Nasa's panel to plan the next trip to the moon. I know it sounds far fetched but the man is one of the best geologists in the world. It is just wild to think that someone that we knew so well is doing something of that magnitude. Pretty cool. Besides that it is just work for Colin. Hopefully we can make a trip down there in the next year to see a football game. If not this season then next.

Hope all of you had a great weekend and that you all have a wonderful week. Enjoy..........

1 comment:

amy said...

you get an 'a' for effort in trying to get a picture of an antelope! I could see it...I did squint though ;-)