Friday, September 14, 2007

Splish Splash

Every day is full of fun for us, if it is indoors or outside. Yesterday we had a special treat. Some friends asked us to go swimming with them during toddler time at the rec center. We quickly accepted the invitation and gathered all of our swimming supplies. When we arrived at the aquatic center we met up with Tina, her daughter Autumn and Autumns friend Madison. Both of the little girls are 3 so Jason was very excited. There was a giant "bathtub" with toys and kids to play with. To my surprise he didn't do a lot of interacting with the other kids, he just splashed a lot and giggled. He did go down the baby slide a few times (my little dare devil) though. It was a blast. I think we will make that a weekly ritual. It was hard to leave. Jason didn't want to get out of the water and he sure as heck didn't want to go. But, it was lunch time and our swim time had come to an end. We had a lot of other stuff to do anyway.


An angry Jason after I made him get out of the pool.
Last night Dad, Mom, and my brother in law Dave stayed with us. We were happy to have them, even if it was just one night. Jason enjoyed his time reading books with grandma Denise and hiding from the guys. Colin, Dad and Dave enjoyed their short visit too. It is a possibility they might have enjoyed it too much. This morning when we all started to get around, no one looked too energetic.



Jason and his Uncle Dave were a little on the foggy side this morning.
It was a good time and we can't wait to see them all again. Now we are just resting up a little before we play some more. I hope all of you had a great week (wonder if Travis and Crissy are new parents yet), and wish you all a wonderful weekend. Take care and be safe. GO POKES!!!!

1 comment:

The Kinley's said...

No, we're still waiting. I've just been busy this week doing absolutely nothing and I am enjoying every minute of it since I will never have time like this again after Jackson gets here. I did pass my mucous plug (how gross does that sound) last Friday, but nothing is happening. Tomorrow is Travis's birthday, so I'm hoping it will happen then. Have a good weekend!