Friday, September 7, 2007

A new season

Yesterday just goes to show that when things get tough, there is always a silver lining (Kind of anyway). I must start by saying kids are gross. Jason proves this to me on a daily basis. If it isn't one thing it is another. The times that stand out the most are those when he is sick. There is nothing that can match the horrid level of gross that a kid can bring forward when they are sick. The toughest part of this is that you never know when it will strike. Jason not only has black ops kicks (from the incredible shrinking bed), but he has black ops sickness. This was the case yesterday morning. Turn away if you are sensitive to stories of discustingness.

The morning started out good enough. Colin and Jason got up early as usual and I caught some extra zzz's. When I got up Colin jumped in the shower and I got Jason to eat a piece of toast with sausage gravy on it. He woofed it down in a flash. Colin left and we said our normal goodbyes, Jason was smiling and watching cartoons as usual. Then he started to drink his strawberry milk when it hit......................... Pink, sausage, chunky, yucky, slimy.................... OH MY!!!!!!!! He was sitting in his chair and all I could do was grab his blankie and try to catch as much as I could, but he kept turning his head to avoid his blankie............... GROSS!!!!! Let me remind you my belly isn't good either......................... OH NO!!!!!!!! After the projectile fire slowed I picked him up and carried him to the bathroom, where it continued. Our livingroom and bathroom were consumed by a pink chunky mess. I tried to give Jason a bath and clean up some of the mess, when it hit me. Being in a small room, full of sick stink, with only a fan and no windows or real ventalation, I was in trouble. So, there we were, two sick people covered in nasty nastyness. I had to make the call....................... "Colin, there is a mess all over, I can't stop getting sick, please come help." He came to our rescue within minutes (Thank God He Was Still in Town). He cleaned up the mess in the bathroom, since I had cleaned the livingroom already, and then headed back to work.

He caught the ball and I got it on camera!!!!

After something like that you would think Jason was sick or something, but no. He was happy and just fine. It was one of those moments to remember though. And as predicted, our day got much better after that. In fact last night was the first game of the NFL season. For me this doesn't matter, but to Colin and Jason, it is a BIG deal. Yes, our son would rather watch football or baseball than watch cartoons. That is really saying somthing for that little man. So they watched the game and played a little catch, in the house.................... Nothing broke last night, but I think we might have something happen in the future. Our little athlete has an arm on him. So, it marked the begining of a new season and the wounds from yesterday morning began to heal. Have a great weekend everyone and Colin and Jason hope you all have a wonderful football watching time.

Trying to hit his dad in the numbers.

3 comments:

amy said...

you poor thing. thank good ness you had colin to help out! yikes.

Maggie said...

Okay, I want to give Colin a big hug after that. Or a beer. I don't know too many guys that would actually come home and help. Actually, all the guys I know would probably laugh at first, then realize they shouldn't laugh, spit out some apology, and then say they had to go. Not Colin!

Hey, stop feeling sick, okay? I mean it...

petecobb99 said...

broncos win!