Thursday, September 20, 2007

A day... I mean A DAY!!

I am sure most people have had one of those days where they wish they could just forget...... Yesterday was one of those for me. I am sure it was comical for onlookers, but it sure wasn't on this side of things.

It all began with me being super nervous about my first doc appointment. I know I have been through this before, but I guess that fear that something will be wrong looms over each and every case of ragu plus the idea of getting my blood drawn gives me the chills. So, I started the day off freaking out and tried to get my mind off of the appointment that awaited me. I did this by posting on the blog and then I decided I needed to clean the house.

When I got to the kitchen I noticed water all over the floor in front of the refrigerator. It was crazy. I opened up the fridge side and all seemed well, then I opened the freezer side............ It wasn't good. Everything had melted. There was chicken blood all over the bottom of the freezer along with melted ice cream and other bits of gooey mess. I salvaged what I could and put it in the chest freezer downstairs. For those of you that don't know, the appliances were one of the perks this house had. They were all brand new (last summer), stainless, top of the line. WHY WOULD MY FREEZER NOT WORK? The refrigerator side was fine and the freezer wasn't? This was truly a mystery.

So, I proceeded to clean up the mess before pulling out the manual and trying to trouble shoot. Before I really got into working on the freezer I went to check my blog for comments.......... something that would surely brighten my day. When I looked I saw a long comment from some person that I don't know. That is cool that someone would leave a comment. I am surprised that other people are looking at my blog....... but to be lectured. That isn't ok. The person obviously doesn't know me and has no right to go on a rant about people getting mad about him leaving comments........ Maybe they are mad that he leaves lectures and wouldn't mind if he just left a regular comment. Who knows...... life goes on.

It was back to trouble shooting for me. Jason watched with eyes wide while I worked. I have to say I have never worked on a refrigerator or anything like it in the past. So, it was like the blind leading the blind. I changed the settings....... tried to clean the coils................. if there was a suggestion in the book, I tried it. Then it was lunch time.

I tried to feed wild man, but his mouth hurt too bad to eat (more teeth coming in). This made him mad because he was hungry, making our house break into cry fest 07'. OH IT WAS FUN!!! As soon as I snagged a bite, it was off to the doc. But by this time, Jason had cried himself to sleep in the livingroom, I had lost my cell, and I couldn't find my keys.............. WHAT A DAY!!! The only thing I could do was stop and laugh. After laughing for a few minutes, I found my keys. Got a sleeping Jason ready to go and headed downtown to pick Colin up and head to the doc. Did I mention how nervous I was? I think I couldn't find anything because I was subconsciously trying to sabotage the appt. Just one theory. Once we got there, everything went well. No surprises and no news to report except everything seems to be going well. Then it was lab time............ I hate getting blood drawn, but it goes with ragu, I guess. Colin and Jason played on a playground while I was drained. It was the best draw I have ever had. I never felt the poke and she didn't move the needle around when it was inside my arm. A super improvement over the blood draws (many of them) I had when I was pregnant with Jason. It was over as quickly as it had began and I was back to working on the freezer.

When we returned home........ I decided to try to repeat the steps I had completed earlier in the day. I cleaned the freezer again......... turned it off and reset it......... the whole bit......... 30 minutes later, IT TURNED ON!!! It was working again. I don't know how I did it, or if it was me, but it works now. The bin of ice was full by this morning and the freezy pop gauges were frozen solid. WOOOOOOO!!!!HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things are looking good for today. I feel like a new leaf has turned. Jason isn't crying, he ate breakfast, and now we are getting ready to go and play................... Just goes to show that even the rough days can end up glorious. Have a good one and I hope all of you have one of those good days and not a bad one............ wouldn't wish that on any person.......

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love how ragu is a normal part of vocab for you. Like its a real word/phrase!

Well I'm glad you are doing better this morning. Amen for the freezer working!!! I'm so happy your appointment went well and you and babe #2 are healthy and hungry!!!

Love you, miss you!