Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank God for little smiles

When a day gets tough all you have to do is look at this smile and all is right in the world. Everything is minor as long as we all have each other.
I try to look on the bright side of things most of the time. Something wonderful usually comes out of something tough. So, in a way maybe it will be a good thing that the last two days have been nothing but............. for lack of better vocabulary....... CRAP. As you previously read, our side by side took a dive. I thought it was fixed, just to find another melty mess yesterday. The refrigerator side took a dive too. Looking on the bright side of this, we have a mini fridge in the garage. I crammed what I could into it, but we still lost a lot of food. By the way, my kitchen smells like rotten meat/veggies/leftovers. Not a good scent.

I also had to go and do some shopping........... oh this was exciting. Parts that I ordered 4 weeks ago weren't ordered until day before yesterday so I almost didn't receive those on time. Then a trip to Walmart quickly turned ugly when a cashier lost it. YES, She went postal as some would call it. Her scanner was dirty so it kept reading the bar codes wrong. After she was assisted one time she was angry. Her face turned red and then out of no where she started screaming and then grabbed boxes of cigarettes and threw them. They flew quite a long ways. We were told to stay in line while other employees grabbed her, held her arms down and carried her away kicking and screaming like a two year old. It was oh so strange. One thing I knew at that point was that my day was better than hers.

When I got home I worked on the refrigerator for a while and then tended to a cranky wild man before I started to feel bad. At that point all I could do was lay down and hope that my pains would fade. I was really dizzy and couldn't even walk well. I think I was dehydrated, but don't really know what caused it. Never have I felt that way in the past and I pray I won't ever again.

Today I am prepping to send Jason off for a weekend with Grandma Denise and Grandpa Shane. He is going to love it. Colin and I are going to go out for dinner for the first time in a very long time...... can't even remember the last time we went out.

Before Jason and I head off to Shoshoni to meet Mom I felt the need to try to work on the refrigerator one more time. This time I actually found a possible problem. There was a fan that was jammed with cardboard. I removed the cardboard and plugged it in to see it move. Now I will leave it plugged in for a while to see if it is going to cool. I hope it does because the earliest appointment I could make for a repairman to come is October first. That is a long time to live out of a mini fridge. We can do it, but would prefer not to.

So, I am keeping my hopes up that today will be wonderful without any major breaks or bumps in the road (a few would be ok, just not a lot). It will be hard to say goodbye to Jason for a few days, but we are going to get some sleep in. Have a great weekend and as always.... GO POKES!!!!

3 comments:

amy said...

i laughed out loud at the vision of the walmart lady.

Maggie said...

You are the toughest chick I know!

I'm glad that walmart lady wasn't working in the gun department.

The Kinley's said...

I miss the Casper Walmart....they are the most disgruntled employees in the Walmart nation...the got the most entertainment from the Deli people! Dang your handy around the house. I wouldn't have even tried to fix the freezer yesterday and now the fridge today. I won't let Travis read this, then he'll think that I need to be the repair person around here too, that'll be our secret, wink wink! Have a fun mommy & daddy weekend!