Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spit on that

Daisy Duck makes a perfect belly ornament.

By now all of you have heared me say how much Jason learns by observing everything around. He is our little copy cat. This is OK, most of the time. There is that problem with him saying bad words and now we have another little issue. A few weeks ago when Colin and Jason were playing outside Colin spit. Jason saw that and thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Colin failed to tell me that Jason picked up on that cool trick so I later found out in such a shocking way. We were sitting at the kitchen table eating when Jason got a huge drink of water. Instead of swallowing it like a good boy, he turned around in his chair, leaned over the back and spit it all of the floor. Yes, Jason spit and was so proud of himself. That was only the first incident I witnessed though. I do believe my floor is soooooooo covered in loogies that it would be extra ugly if someone brought one of those black lights in our house. Jason walks around spitting all of the time. I punish him repeatedly and it doesn't seem to do any good. We have tried everything, and now Colin has resorted to saying "We spit outside if we are big boys, not inside." Like that would really work, but it certainly makes me chuckle under my breath. So, I have come to the conclusion that this is a kid thing and blaming it on a phase. I will continue to punish him for spitting in the house, but I don't think this will end any time soon. So visitors beware!!! Don't lay on our floor, it is contaminated with Jason saliva. Have a good one.............

1 comment:

coalesm said...

spitting huh? just one of their many tricks I have figured out! at least Jason doesn't have a little brother to spit on... not that William would ever do such a thing.. well good luck with that spitting thing..Scott taught William that too this summer and he only does it occasionally but our husbands sure do teach them good stuff don't they!??