Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Getting our groove back

After Colin's absence....... 4 1/2 total hours of sleep while he was gone......... Wild Man being nothing less than wild.............. a dead mouse................ and a refrigerator repair man, we are ready to get back into our normal groove. Jason and I were so happy to see Colin pull up to the house around 9 last night. It was nice to have all of us back in the same town. Plus, Jason doesn't like to sleep without Colin here............ a big problem (I was a mess from no sleep). He would run around happy during the day, but when he thought it was time for his dad to be playing with him, things turned ugly and oh so sad. He cried and would run around screaming Daddy... Daddy...... over and over again. It was very difficult to see. But that is over and we have everyone home safe and sound.

As for the mouse, this has a background to it. As you know our side by side took a dive and didn't appear to be coming up for air. To make it through the time without a working large refrigerator, we used a mini fridge in the garage. This meant many trips opening that silly door between the kitchen and the garage. For many this wouldn't be an issue......... but we have a mouse infestation in our garage. It is nothing like it used to be, but it is still a problem. We have traps set up all over the place, but the dang things are tricky and keep on steeling the bait. They will make a mistake one day though. One of these tricksters made its way into the house during this mini fridge substitution. I don't understand it, but I am terrified of mice, they are dirty, disease infested, nasty rodents. So there I was one morning, eating with Jason when what do I see, but a mouse. It ran behind the range. I freaked out to say the least and now we have traps all around.

Up to this point he has been as tricky as the garage mice, but he will die soon...... I can feel it in my bones. We did have hope yesterday when one of the smart garage mice was snagged. I have never been so happy to see a lifeless creature in my garage. Sick you say............. I say wonderful!!!

Then to top it off the repair man fixed the side by side (the relay that runs between the thermostat and the condenser went to a better place). It was a pricey fix, but the refrigerator was still worth about $1300. So to save us from the inconvenience and the painful mouse in the house issue...... it was so worth the money.

Now here we are, getting back into our groove. Colin got up with Jason this morning and the little man was oh so happy (I think he got up early just to spend time with his dad). A big change from the break downs. Our house is finally getting as normal as we can ever hope for.................. Have a good one and enjoy this beautiful fall weather............. (All of you that don't live in windy areas...... soak it in because our wind was 50 mph yesterday and probably going to be worse tomorrow.) Until next time.........

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Well I guess you can't divorce Colin anytime soon huh? I kid, I kid... You will get those stupid little mice, I know you can do it!!! Don't they know not to mess with a pregnant woman?