Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A preview

It is a sad reality, but we won't get to see many of you for Halloween..........So it is only fare that we give you a preview of Jason's rocking costume. There was a lot of thought put into this one. The thing is, we wanted a costume that reflected a little something about Jason. Some might think...... you are thinking too much about it, but for now he has a hard time picking stuff out. So, I come up with a selection and let him pick from that. If I let him pick he would be a princess or something (he likes sparkles). We really wanted to find a skunk costume..... there isn't a costume that would be better for the smelly little man. But, I am sad to report that we couldn't find one for a reasonable price. Then we began to really scan the stores and let Jason decide. He loves monkeys so it was a logical choice. When I showed him a whole bunch of costumes at once he quickly grabbed the monkey and started to make monkey noises. To top it off...... he can't stop eating bananas. He is a goofy boy. So here it goes.................

Our monkey man!!!
There are my feet...... I had to look everywhere.

As you can see he was very interested. When we put the costume on him he runs into our bedroom where he can look at himself in a mirror. Then he laughs and makes all kinds of monkey noises. That is our Wild Man.................... Bouncing off of walls and making all kinds of noise. We can't wait for Halloween in our house. He also likes pumpkins if you are wondering. He is going paint one this coming up weekend. So, look for those pics on Monday. It should be a fun time and a big mess.

Now on to a topic that has been pushed by all, belly pictures. Many people keep on asking..... When are you going to post a picture? Well, up to this point it has been a tough subject. As always, it is difficult to watch your body morph into something so different and even more difficult when it happens extra fast. When you go from being in the best shape you were in since middle school to wearing stretch pants and men's t-shirts........ a person's attitude can take a blow. So....... now here I stand growing at a very rapid pace, much different than with Jason. For one, with Jason I didn't start to show for a very long time and when I did he was very low and the growth was isolated. This time my mid-section is growing like a tree trunk....... OUT!!! I am growing out in all directions. Sure, I still eat very healthy...... veggies and fruit mainly. We try to keep the processed foods to a minimum too. In fact I am eating way better this time than last time because I don't eat much chocolate or ice cream (this is comparing the two... I still eat a lot of Ben and Jerry's, I just can't help myself; but a pint every 4 days is better than a whole gallon every 1.5 days)........ I mainly stick to fruit (a lot of fruit). Still I am growing much faster and my belly has already reached a higher point than it did in my 9th month with Jason. Who knows, maybe this kid is going to be bigger than Jason. I sure hope not, since last time they induced me 2 weeks early and I ended up having a 8lb 5oz, 21 1/2 inch baby. This is a frightening thought to say the least. Now for the moment all of you have been waiting for.......................

13 weeks even.

Many of you are looking at this and thinking.... you aren't that big..... well, compared to last time, I am huge. This has put me on a pace to be much larger than I have ever been. Last time I gained 45 lbs and quickly lost all of the weight within two weeks after I had Jason................ It might be a lot more difficult to lose 60 lbs. We will see. Now that all of you have seen the frightening pic........... I will keep you updated.

I hope all of have a great day......... There will be many more adventures to report on soon............. Enjoy.

2 comments:

coalesm said...

You're having a girl.. That's my prediction..just because you are carrying this one soooooo much different!

Maggie said...

And you thought you were soooooo huge last time! You are looking good though... healthy, happy, and in shape! The funny comparison is last time you were so happy to show your belly sticking out... look at your expression now!