Friday, October 12, 2007

What a peach

Eating the 3rd peach of the day!!


After the big scare we decided that we needed to take it easy for a day or two and we did just that. Wednesday we pretty much played with Legos, went for a walk, colored with crayons, played a little chase and hide and go seek, then topped it off with a lot of eating. Jason seems to enjoy fruit as much as I do at this point. If you put and orange, peach, apple or banana in front of him, it will be gone. So for every piece of fruit I eat, he eats one. I don't know how it all fits. Then he will go on to eat chicken nuggets (only Tyson dino nuggets though........ they growl), an egg, sausage, lunch meat, and dinner with us. It blows my mind that a little guy can eat so much when he wants to.

Yesterday we cleaned up the house. Jason showed his skills by dusting. He even dusts the walls. When it comes to the television stand he is sure to get into every nook and cranny. He is the best helper to have around when he wants to help and not just get in the way. There are those times when he is out to make a job more difficult...... that is the most common around here.

He left me with a moment to remember yesterday too. I have been locked out of the house by him a few times and am getting in the habit of making sure there is an alternate entrance that is unlocked. Thank goodness that was the case yesterday. I went outside to bring a stinky diaper to the garbage when I here a loud giggle through the open window. I should have began to question things at that point, but I didn't. When I got back to the door Jason was at the other side. I tried to turn the handle to find it was locked. He laughed again and then proceeded to knock on the door, laughing the whole time. I didn't think I could get in at first because the garage door was closed and the back gate was locked. So, I went to find a way in. After inspection, it was obvious that my only way in was to climb the privacy fence and then go in through the back door. Climbing a privacy fence isn't as easy as you would think, especially when your stomach muscles are beyond sore from stretching. So, I sucked up the pain and made my way into the house. Jason was laughing for hours about that one. Every little bit, he would walk over to the front door, look at me, then turn and knock on it say "knock knock"....... What a brat.

I am hoping today is a calm day. We do have to bring the dogs in for shots this afternoon, but that is the only big thing on our list. I think we will do a lot of playing today. That is our favorite. And today I will be sure to leave the garage door open when I take a stinky diaper out.

A quick note........ Go Rockies!!! We believe you can take it all. We can't forget our other teams............Go Pokes!!!!! and for the other baseball game tonight.... Go Red Sox!!! It should be an interesting weekend in the sports world.

Have a great weekend everyone. Have fun and we will have more at the beginning of the week.............

I will leave you with a link to Jason's favorite song......................... Down in the Valley by Dan Zanes

1 comment:

The Kinley's said...

is that the music i have to look forward to? good grief. well i guess my little butterball is worth it. thanks for all the encouraging notes they really brighten my day. can't wait for you to see our little baby at christmas. we'll be there for a week.