Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Missed it


Looking at the fog this morning over the edge of our deck.

So, yesterday I posted my normal babble about all that is happening in our little world (sorry Maggie)................ mostly due to the fact that I had pre-written it. Then I realized that Blog Action Day had come......... after reading Maggie's blog, GSI. After reading...... my day flew by and I didn't get time to sit back at the computer. So today I will talk a little about our environment.



As children, most of us have had the opportunity to grow up in areas where we could enjoy the outdoors and see what nature could offer us. This is what helps me to be more conscientious of what I do to the environment. Colin is the same. If it is trying to pick up as much garbage as possible when you are on a walk (we have a big problem with that here................ even out of town no where near a landfill) or being sure that you don't drive off road and tear up the land. We want everything that we have enjoyed to be there for future generations. It is discouraging to see people just toss garbage out their car windows (I saw someone do this right in front of our house yesterday). Even if a person just throws a cigarette butt our the window.............. they add up. As for people just driving off of the road and tearing up the land................... it makes Colin so angry that he can't stand it. First of all why can't people just walk a few yards..............pure laziness. Then for those that like the "4 X 4ing", do it in areas set aside for that........... It is uncalled for. They cause damage to landscape that formed over millions of years. I don't think I need to dive into this topic any deeper.............. So....... my point is that we need to take care of what we have because we only have on earth and most damage can't be repaired. We will continue to minimize our energy use in this house and to be environmentally conscientious.

Now speaking of our environment and enjoying what we have......... there is snow in our forecast. There were snow showers in our area last night (not at our house) and they are in the forecast off and on through the week now. I can't wait to bring Jason sledding. It will be so much fun to see him play in the snow.

On another note, we are getting new tires on our Envoy today!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!HOOOOOOO!!!!! We need them so bad and now we will have them before we make any long trips. It will ensure safe travel for us and when we are on icy roads, there isn't much else you can ask for.

Also............. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Rockies!!!!!! We knew they could do it. Now for some time to rest before the World Series. They are going to take it all.


Catching a fly ball.


I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy.

Cutting up a banana.

1 comment:

amy said...

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is seeing someone throw a cigarette butt out their car window. It makes me so mad.

Yay for snow!