Monday, July 9, 2007

Finishing out a perfect weekend!!!



Feeding time!!!

Oh the fun, it never stops around here. Even when we have lazy days there are things that need to be done. The regular cleaning, laundry, and the ever so intense feeding the dogs. You might be questioning my use of intense, but to fully understand you must know one little fact about that job...........it is one of Jason's chores. I know he is only 18 months old, but he wants to be able to help so we have given him a few chores around the house. He feeds the dogs, washes the cabinets and the table, and helps pick up his toys. On occasion he helps fold clothes, but I really don't think we can count that since his idea of folding is holding the piece of clothing above his head, grunting a few times, then puting it down in a pile while nodding. We will say it is a chore, just to humor the little man.


Playing with Cream.

After the chores were finished it was time for hair cuts. Sorry no pics there, but take my word for it..........it was similar to a marathon. I cut both Jason and Colins hair and then we went out to get mine chopped. It went rather quickly as marathons do and then we were back at the house to play. Jason enjoyed some time chasing the neighbor's cat Cream around before we made our way next door to enjoy some games and steak. Jason had a chance to watch movies with Brandon and we partied on............and on. Who ever knew that pictionary could be so challenging. Might I add the women kicked butt up one side and down the other............Ok, we lost one game.

Jason and Brandon watching movies.


With all of the relaxation, we even had time to fit in a walk with the dogs. I have to say that it was short lived due to the weather. Everything was going well. We were chugging along just fine when suddenly a big wind came up pushing me just enough for me to have to catch my balance with one of my feet. Little did I know that this would include a pile of cactus. Since there cactus is as thick as grass in a lawn.......I should have thought it was a possibility, but of course I didn't think before I stepped. Needless to say, that cactus is quite healthy and can really give a stab (through shoes.) After I passed Jason off and got the cactus pulled, the wind increased and a storm appeared to be rolling in.


Walking...............just before the cactus incident.

We weren't lucky enough to see moisture with the first round of wind and lightening that we witnessed on our walk, but it did come. After a month with no moisture we were wondering if we could even remember what rain looked like or felt like. Nature reminded us in a big way.........

The storm 3 minutes in.............



There were flood warnings all around our area.......even in town. Our yard wasfinally watered well and we have found a little relief in our drought. It was a lot of rain, near an inch in about 40 minutes. What a beautiful way to end a perfect weekend.

No comments: