Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chicken!!!!!!

Cheese!!!

As the panic raced though my body all I could think is "Could we just have one boring day?"

I remember a time when I constanty complained about having nothing to do. Well I have to say that is ancient history. If it isn't something with Jason it is something with the house or dogs. I think it is a conspiracy.

Yesterday I left the house for all of 10 minutes to run an errand. Being a cheep skate I want to fill every garbage sack to the max before I discard it. So, since the sack was too full to keep in the can I took it out. When I was leaving I put it up high because I know the dogs all so well. You see Moe and Mae are on a diet so they think they are starving. When it comes to finding a quick snack their first choice is always the garbage. If it is remnants from plates or even just the juice that lines a can that used to be filled with veggies. They really aren't picky.

Sunday night we had fried chicken so this particular garbage was.............well.................somewhat leathal for a pup. I am sure you can see where this is going.

So, as I said I put the garbage up high so that the girls couldn't get to it, or so I thought. When Jason and I returned 10 minutes later there was an empty chicken bucket in the livingroom. That was obviously out of place. I began freaking out thinking where did all of the bones go. I put Jason down and ran to the kitchen. There was garbage stretching from one corner of the room to the other. I sifted through the mess to find no chicken bones. The dogs were no where to be found either. Thinking they must be dead somewhere in the house I ran around looking for them (Jason followed screaming "MOE!" over an over again). I wasn't suprised to find Mae hiding in Jason's closet and Moe hiding in our closet. They knew they were in trouble. Even though I was very angry I was still freaking out about the bones. So, who else do you call when you have a question about dogs. Well, if you don't want to pay for the advice you call none other than my mom. She calmed me down and I proceeded to pick up the huge mess the dogs made.

It was a fun time............................ I could have killed the dogs, but they are still breathing. They sure made me freak out, but there was nothing wrong with them. I really think if cats have 9 lives, dogs must have more.


updated pic of our yard.

So, today I am just waiting for some other strange thing to happen. My crew never fails to produce. Until next time..............................

Note: Today is the big day for the Coale family. In fact they should have a new member by now. Congrats guys!!!!!! I will post pics when I get them.

3 comments:

Moody Family said...

I just wanted everyone to have an update. A little after 9 am I got a text saying that the newest Coale has arrived. His name is Scott David Coale. He was 6lb 8oz and 18 in long. Congrats again guys. Can't wait to meet the little man. Take care and rest up.

amy said...

I would have been freaking right along with you, Lori...But knowing me, I would have hauled Kobe in to the emergency vet...Good for you for keeping your cool and not doing that!

Moody Family said...

I am just too cheap. If I weren't the doctor bills would just add up in my house. Jason has had 2 near emergency room visits in the last week alone. Pre-Jason I would have hauled them in right away too. He has just taught me to take a deep breath and ask advice before I rush to the hospital, human or doggie.