Thursday, July 19, 2007

Artist in the making

A multi-tasking Jason with my favorite pencil, white (it doesn't show up on the walls).

I know that I said that I was done posting until next week, but this was just too good to keep to myself. Jason is a budding artist. He spends hours coloring. In fact he learned how to say "coloring". He picks up a crayon or colored pencil and says it over and over again. Colin brings home these huge pieces of paper from the map printer so Jason has a lot of room to draw. Every day these pictures get bigger and more colorful. Jason has even gotten to the point that he goes into the spare bedroom/office and grabs some crayons and a roll of paper, takes them to the living room and proceeds to create.

This morning I went to take a shower while he watched his usual cartoons (the ones I don't like). When I came out I heared Jason singing (the only word was coloring). He sounded extra happy. I was thankful that he was happy and not screaming, but I was also quite worried because being that happy could only mean one thing................. he did something very bad. So I ran out of my room and followed the coloring song. As I got closer the walls got more and more colorful. When I finally got to him he was using a crayon to create another masterpiece by Jason. This time it wasn't on one of his abnormally large pieces of paper, but on the living room wall.

There were splashes of color in the hallway too. I didn't think to take a picture of this before I cleaned up. But, take my word for it, this was his best creation yet. So trying to hold in the laughter I cleaned off the walls (crayon comes off easily with a little soap and water.) I did learn a lesson: put all crayons, markers, pencils etc.... away before I leave the room. Have a great weekend everyone............

No comments: