Monday, February 4, 2008

The big bowl

Oh the fun times. Even though Colin, Jason and I have very different preferences on a lot of things we always seem to find a comprimise. We weren't as motivated to get things done this weekend, but as always we never run out of things to do. If it is getting a few things finished around the house or diving into a large project, we make the best of every weekend. There aren't many left before the next little Moody man is here.

So, we stuck to the regular house work on Saturday. Nothing really fancy, but we did get more pellets just in enough time..... before the snow hit. The men both needed hair cuts too, so that was my big project. Jason is really getting a thick head of hair just like his dad. He is such a big boy. He sat up there on the chair and didn't even really move. Once he was finished he helped me cut Colin's hair. That was a lot of fun. Then, while the men cleaned up, I cleaned up the big hair mess. I can't believe how much I cut off of those two heads. But, we can see their ears now, a very good thing in my book.

Sunday was pretty calm too. Colin and Jason put some molding down in the bedroom and then we relaxed some before we headed off to one of Colin's co-workers house for a Super Bowl party. As a person that really doesn't live for sports, I figured I was along for the ride. Plus, we heared there were going to be a lot of young kids there. Jason doesn't get to spend much time with other kids, so this was a prime opportunity. When we got there, I was pleased to see that our hosts play pinochle. Anyone that has spent some time around my fam knows that pinochle was a way of life for my grandmother and she passed a love for the game down to many of us. So, I think we might have found a group of people that we can get together and play cards with. Jason could have cared less about the cards. When he layed his eyes on the three boys in the livingroom playing with toy cars, he was in heaven. He ran over to them so fast and he was so excited he threw his hat. I wish I had a camera because the fun just started there. More kids showed up and he even went outside and played a game of 500 with the other kids.... although he didn't get the full concept. He was more into running around between the kids. Wild man was having so much fun, he didn't even care he fell in cactus, not just a little bit of it either. There was nothing better, so we thought. Then the "pretty girls" showed up. One of Colin's co-workers has 3 little girls, one not much older than Jason. He was so excited. When he saw them he yelled pitty gills here... ook mom pitty gills!!! It was so cute. Jason was having so much fun, it was difficult to even get him to stop and take a drink. Colin watched the game and got a chance to visit with other men outside of the work setting. He needed it. I think it is good that he finally got to have some 'man time'. I was just thankful that I had a chance to visit with other adults. A bunch of us wives hung out with the kiddos, talked and ate great food. I had a blast and was so thankful to get out of the house for a while with other people. My men were having a good time and I had a break. The best part was, it was only a short drive. Since I can't sit in the car very long anymore (due to late pregnancy issues), it made for a perfect gettaway. Jason was so mad when it was time to go, but we could see how tired he was. He was out by the time we hit the end of their driveway. There were even snores coming from the back seat.

It was another successfull weekend in my book. I can't wait to get Jason around all of those kids again. Plus, we are making new friends here all of the time. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. Take care and we look forward to hearing about all of the wild times................... (sorry no pics... my camera ran out of batteries, I will post some when I get some batteries)

No comments: