Monday, February 18, 2008

Another week down

After surviving the purple marker, we were..... I mean I was ready for a long weekend. Colin and I had big plans, do some minor remodeling on both bathrooms. You know that bathrooms and kitchens sell houses the fastest. So, just in case opportunities show themselves, we must be ready to sell. I know it sounds like a huge undertaking, especially when it involves a lot of paint, refinishing a shower base, peeling and re-caulking both bathrooms, some minor pluming, and a little electrical work. There is also the taking care of Jason (or we could say guiding the helper so that there are no major accidents) and there is the whole part of me being the size of an average whale at this point. Colin really had his hands full. But, we did it. After going into a zone, our bathrooms look great, until you look down. We still haven't finished the flooring. That will happen soon and is a minor task compared to everything we have done so far. In a couple of weeks we will get some quotes on a new furnace too. I can't wait to finish our projects and be ready for relocation. I try to be upbeat about Casper, but I have to say it is wearing on me. We are very fortunate for everything that we have. At the same time, if we get an opportunity to live in a less populated, less windy area, we will jump on that.

Today I had another doctors appointment. It appears that the new Moody, still nameless, is growing fast. He is still ahead of schedule, but we aren't in any danger of having him in the next two weeks. We know this thanks to technology and a new test that can be performed. But, I do have to go back next week on Colin's b-day to be exact. We are really in the final stretch, but we have at least a few more weeks to work on the house before we really have our hands full.

For the rest of the day we are going to take it easy and get some quality play time in with wild man. I hope all of you are having a wonderful day and I will post pictures soon. Till next time............

No comments: