Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Art

Art...... this opens the mind to so many different mediums. There is of course music, paints, dance....... the list could go on forever. Jason does love music. He loves to sing, play it and of course he dances to it. But he has discovered another form of art that he enjoys more than anything. CRAYONS!!!!

This was wonderful when he used to color on paper. Colin would bring huge pieces of scrap paper home for Jason to color on. It was awesome. Some of the sheets were so big that they covered our entire livingroom floor. Of course there were some maps plotted on them, but that just added to the character of the final product. Then, one day, Jason decided his room needed a little more. So, while I was in the bathroom, he dove in and finished as much as he could in a very short period of time. If you are wondering what he did exactly, he colored.........................(click to enlarge)



Wild Man..... So proud of his artwork on the closet doors behind him........ He threw the ball right at the camera once this was taken, but thanks to quick reflexes, I was able to bat it down.




The door to his bedroom..... but better now that it has yellow and green on it. What was I thinking with white?


Now this is his real masterpiece. The window sill is so very colorful now. I think this will take another coat of paint to eliminate the "art".

The pictures really don't do it justice. He even got the humidifyer. It was quite the surpise. Colin and I were in shock. I decided I was going to clean it up with a trusty Mr. Clean eraser, but that was a lost cause because the kid hides crayons around the house and the clean surface was promptly colored again.



You might be thinking........... now that kid has some skills. We whole heartedly agree, but that is a skill that i would prefer he didn't work on quite so much. For now, I will continue to hide his crayons, unless we are at the kitchen table and using paper. I can't wait until summer when I can take the huge pieces of paper and we can color on them outside. The sidewalk art should really rock too. I should have a lot of that to share.



Before I go, I want to say thank you to Connie and Jay for the gifts....... Jason and I will try to use those cookie cutters this week. I will post pics when we finish the cookie project. Thank you again!!!!



I hope all of you are having a wonderful week. Take care and I will have more to post very soon..................

No comments: