Thursday, January 31, 2008

To Cook a Meal

A person has to try not to have fun when Jason is around. Of course we have a blast playing, which we do a lot of each and every day. He is so much fun right now that I can't get enough of the little man. But, I have found one of my favorite things to do with him is cook. Sure things take much longer, the clean up is pretty intense, and things don't turn out all of the time........ but the fun is worth every second of it.

Holding the mixer down...... quite the helper.



Yesterday we started out the day by getting our bake on. We were bread makers for the morning. Jason loves to add things to the mixer. He smiles so big that it has to hurt. Then he sings this song he made up about helping. The words go something like this..... I help, I helping, helping ma ma, I helper......... you get the idea. The tune changes every time though. It is quite funny. Besides some wild flying flour, the bread making went very well. If I all I had to clean up was a little extra flour, it was a very clean attempt at cooking.





When evening rolled around we decided to go for the cheese soup that Gary suggested. Things were going very smoothly, that is until Jason decided to put his two cents in...... or should I say his flour. I had a nice roux going when BAM!!!! Jason decided it needed more flour. It wasn't just a little bit of flour, it was a lot of flour. I didn't want to have to start over, so I tried to make it work..... Plus I had already began to add some cheese. This is where it got really interesting. We ended up with a very flourful soup. It had a very strong flour taste, with a hint of cheese. We still ate it with the bread we made earlier in the day, but I think I will have to try that one again when Jason doesn't want to help quite so much.





It was such a good day of cooking with the boy. He even helps clean up. There is a song to go with that stage of cooking as well..... I am sure you can guess how it goes.... cleaning, I cleaning, I help ma ma clean....... It is basically the same as the helping song. So, after we cleaned up it was time to set the table. Jason is a pro at this. He does prefer to have all three settings in front of his seat though. I think he just sees more plates as an opportunity for more food.





I hope all of you are doing very well. We will continue to cook and I will try to catch some pictures between messy moments. Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the Super Bowl. I will have more next week (Jason and I will have to cook stuff for the game). Till then............