Thursday, January 3, 2008

Getting back in the swing of things

To start off the new year there were a few things to check off the list. The first was a trip to the DMV. Yes..... I am going to be 25 in a month so I needed to renew my licence. It was going so smoothly.... no lines..... and no complications, with me that is. While I was taking my eye test a man came in all flustered and acting strange. This would have put me off in another town, but it is normal for Casper. He was rambling on about how he needed to get his drivers licence suspension lifted because he now had a job. After repeating himself several times, he got angry and left. But he didn't have someone drive him to the DMV to get the suspended licence lifted, no, he drove himself. Even though the highway patrol office was next door and he didn't have a valid licence, he was driving. So, he left in a huff and proceeded to get into the drivers seat, right in front of the DMV window, and drove away. I started laughing and asked the lady who was helping me if I had just seen that correctly, and she called the cops. Oh, the stupidity of people never fails to amaze me.

Today we checked another task off of the list, Jason's 2 year checkup. He is a healthy, BIG, boy. With a height in the 80th percentile and weight in the 68th percentile, he is very strong. The real excitement came when he had to give a urine sample. They wanted him to pee in a cup. Now, for those of you that are keeping track, he isn't house broke yet. It was quite a task, but after a full morning of prompting and pushing, we finally ended up with a little pee in a cup. There was a big mess, but thank goodness that is over with for another year. Now he is finished with all shots until he goes to kindergarten. That is something to be thankful for.

I hope all of you are enjoying your week back to work. Take care and I will have more stories to share before long..................

No comments: