Monday, January 7, 2008

More... More..... More

Our little "helper"...... it was a long weekend

Before I go on to update you on our wonderful wild weekend of fun............. I have to report on my doctors appointment today. The baby is growing very well, so well that I am measuring 2 weeks ahead. He has a fast heartbeat and never stops moving. I am very healthy and things are going as well as we could have every hoped for. Now three more weeks until another doctors appointment. I will keep you all informed on the happenings.

Now to go on to our crazy weekend. If Colin and I have learned anything in the last 7 years, it is that even the greatest plans never go how you predicted. Last weekend just reinforced that theory. We had these great plans of installing a new garage door one Saturday and Sunday. You see, last week when I opened the door it about broke in half and fell on our car. We decided that was the last straw and got the crazy idea that we could install an new one in two days. Things were all going as planned until the WIND!!!! OH THE WIND!!!! Did I ever mention how much I hate wind? Well, I do. We had such strong winds on Friday night that it blew a portion of our fence over in the back yard. We later found out how lucky we really were because one of our neighbors lost 1/3 of their roof. It was quite the wind. Needless to say, Saturday turned into fix the fence day. Colin worked on that almost all day and I have to say it looks very good now. The dogs were especially happy now that they can go out without leashes again.

Colin digging a post hole on the edge of our melting glacier.

Despite the set back, we decided to go ahead with the plans for the garage door. Sunday morning we woke up ready to take it on. Before we could begin, we had to clean out some of the trash in the garage that was in the way. There was also the demo, which went very well. That moldy, rotten door came out like a charm. We thought we could do it. The night before we read the instructions over and over. We were pumped. That is, until the project began. The instructions were hit and miss and our motivation quickly diminished. I just don't understand why manufacturers don't just put the instructions for each individual door in with the propper package. Instead you get a book of instructions that mostly apply to a different model and sometimes they even decide to throw in some spare parts. Oh, it made for a fun day. The wind was blowing again and we had to get the door over the opening before the sun went down. We weren't ready to have our garage broken into. The project went on for hours. Jason helped at times, but kept on getting cold and tired of us paying so much attention to those hunks of metal on the floor. He just didn't understand why he couldn't take off with just a few of the parts. At the end of the day we had the door up, but it needs adjustment. It doesn't move very freely, Hopefully we can remedy this during the week. It looks so much better. I don't even know how to describe it. Next post, I will have some before and after pics so that you can appreciate the difference too.

We are slowly knocking things off of our to do list and hopefully we can get a chunk of those taken care of before the new little man makes his appearance and before I get too much bigger. I am sure it is comical seeing a big lady trying to grab things off of the floor and waddle around. At least I can still get around at this point. I hope all of you had a great weekend. I look forward to hearing about how the post holiday stories. Take care and I will have more to share very soon.

No comments: