Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another full week

This week began crazy like every other week does, but as the kids are getting more active and we become more active the crazy gets more exciting and enjoyable. We have a blast playing, laughing, joking, and our new favorite is play doh. Jason loves to build things and Jake likes to eat it.... I am just thankful it is non-toxic. It has been warm enough to go for walks every day and I am happy to report that I can walk when I leave the gym this week.... a huge improvement over last week.
Jake chasing the camera again.
Eating, these growing boys do a lot of that and it shows.

We are also chomping at the bit over the house. We can't wait until April 1st when we close and we can start to do work on this diamond in the rough. I have never been in another place where having 20+ deer in your yard at a time is normal. I love how they come up to the window and look at us. Some people that come and visit comment on how tame they are... that is not necessarily true. We share the same residence. We give the deer their space and they give us ours... most of the time. They are still wild and I would never walk up to them.... but they are curious and at times walk up to us. I found two sleeping on our front porch this morning around 8. They are beautiful and so much fun to watch.... Our personal favorite is a doe with her two fawns. It is so cool to witness and be a part of this place.

A video of a deer watching me while I unloaded the pickup in the garage... I just had to grab the camera to show all of you how close they get to us.

On another note, Moe is going to finally get fixed tomorrow. I think the hardest part of this surgery will be keeping the kids off of her. She is also a drama queen. But, tomorrow night it will be all over but the healing.

Have a great week everyone and prep for the big snow to come.... It should be good snowman weather. YIPPY!!!!

No comments: