Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thankfull

The last week has really made us appreciate everything we have. We are healthy, we have each other and most of all we are alive. With the sudden loss of a friend/neighbor and the wonderful opportunity of spending every day with my kiddos I know that I am so very fortunate. Sure, we may live in a town that we don't necessarily love, but we have each other. We also have wonderful friends and family. This week hasn't been the easiest, but I am counting my lucky stars. I had the opportunity to know someone for what may have been a short period of time in scale, but I am so very thankful for that little bit of time. It is amazing how one person can have such an impact on another in a short period of time (only 1 year).

When one small part of the world changes so much..... the rest seems to be the same. Sometimes it is hard to remember that when it is your world that is changing so. Our world has changed a ton in such a short period of time. We are kind of in this state of isolation and I apologize for that. I haven't been posting pictures as much or contacting people as often. Heck, I don't answer my phone very much anymore. I will get better about that.

But, there have been so many wonderful things happen in our little world in the last month too. We have two amazing kiddos and Colin's hard work is finally paying off. The loss of a neighbor and the birth of a son, really makes a person realize that life has those two parts, birth and death. We just have to make the middle count. So, we are here enjoying our moments....... playing, remodeling, and laughing as much as possible..... there is a little bit of sleep in there too, at times anyway.

I realize that this blog is kind of a public diary for me. I never kept a diary before, but it is nice to be able to write about what is going on. There are times that I am not clear, this is one of them I am sure. I know this is kind of a random post, but things have been a little random recently. If you get anything from this one, please remember that no matter where you live or the bad things that happen in your life, there are so many more things that are good and perfect and pure. The trick is to focus on those good things. My family and friends are my pillar now. I am sorry that I am not posting any pics today, but I couldn't get it to work. The boys are both growing up so fast... you won't believe it. Jake has more rolls too. He is going to be a big boy just like Jason. Have a wonderful weekend and keep on thinking positive.... till next time.

No comments: