Thursday, May 8, 2008

Weather

Just wanted to let everyone that heared about the tornado here in Casper know that all is well here. I watched it form as the clouds passed over our house. When I looked up you could see a distinct outer wall and a hollow center.... pretty crazy. Just as I tried to take video and pictures my camera died. Then the hail began to fall..... quarter to golf ball sized..... I saved a chunk in the freezer. It dented a neighbors pickup, but our car was in the garage. The tornado passed our house and touched down east of us.... THANK GOD!!!! I hope all of you are having better spring weather.... till next time.

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Batteries have a nasty way about them sometimes.

Are tornadoes something that happens much in Wyoming? For some reason I have never thought of Wyoming as a tornado type state.

Glad to see all the boys in your family are doing fine, as well as you of course.

Moody Family said...

I don't think tornados are common, but Casper is a whole other world within Wyoming. This is our first since we have been here and it really made my heart beat fast. The hail was the most frightening since I wasn't sure if it was a tornado until it passed my house.

amy said...

tornados scare the crap out of me. glad you guys are ok.