Thursday, March 6, 2008

WOW!!!

Just when you think that being positive all of the time is going to pay off, sometimes you feel like you have had the wind knocked out of you. I mentioned that Jason and I were sick. We got right into the docs on Monday to be sure that we were OK. So, I had bronchitis and Jason had a major double ear infection with blisters on his ear drums. The poor kid shouldn't have been able to function. But there was me, a wreck. Even after I was told that I wasn't contagious and that Jason was going to be fine, I couldn't help but disinfect everything around my house. The last thing I wanted to do was get Colin sick too. So much for that idea. It appears as though Colin is at least coming down with a head cold, if it isn't something worse. My sickness has gotten worse, which I didn't think was possible. This morning I woke up with one of my glands in my neck so swollen that it looked like I had a goiter (Colin's words). I have never seen anything like it. Now the swelling has went down a little, but it isn't pretty. If you saw me, you would call me no neck. Colin is fighting the sick thing and trying to work as usual. Jason is a mess because I am even more boring than I was before I got sick. He spent the morning screaming....... I mean really screaming. But, now I just hope we really are on the mend. Having two kids is a scary thought when you think about those times when all four of us will be sick, and I know it will happen. I just hope that we will live closer to family and friends soon so that when we are so sick and need a little help..... you know, when you can barely take care of yourself anymore and the task of taking care of sick children is so far out of the realm of reality that you don't want to do. So, in the end you end up doing the best you can, which isn't enough to make any of you better, you just maintain. Thank goodness this is something that doesn't happen very often. I have to say, I have never felt so very sick. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. Now we are just going to try to get better. The key word is TRY. People always say all you can do is try your best. So, here goes. I will call the doc again to see what is up with my unusually huge gland and hopefully Jason will sleep..... and sleep...... and sleep some more. He is in a really bad mood today. Take care everyone and stay healthy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the next time I write, we will have great news of health and happiness. I will keep all of you updated. Till next time.....................

No comments: