Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A BIG Weekend!!!

This weekend was pretty special for us since Jason was old enough to have an extra fun Easter. We had been talking about the Easter Bunny coming to visit for quite some time. I thought he kind of understood, but I couldn't have guessed that he would have taken to it quite so well.



Friday we had a blast. Colin had the day off and we took the chance to dye eggs (very messy).





The bounty!!!



Passing the dino egg.


Plop!!!! Crack!!!!! (gentle isn't a word in Jason's vocabulary... all of the eggs were cracked by the end of this adventure)


Cheese!!!!! or should I say EGGS!!!!!

We also went for a walk and when we returned there was a package for Jason and his little brother. Thank you Maggie. When we opened it, Jason was soooooooooooooo excited to see dinosaurs and something to color with. There was also a little container of these little colored pill looking things that dye bath water.... perfect for Easter. Jason didn't know what the little color pills were, YET. But, he was so pumped about the dinos that I thought the poor kid was going to lose it. After he played with the dinos for a while, it was on to coloring, coloring, coloring!!! It couldn't have been more fun. Also by having more dinos around, it makes playing them much more interesting. I don't always have to be the bracheosaurus now. Thank goodness. Plus there are trees and bushes to hide behind. It was a complete dino package. That night Jason took a bath in blue water. How cool is that? I bet not many kids get to do that very often. He said it was pretty cool. There was also some clothes, little stuffed animal that looks just like Moe did when she was a puppy, and a teether for the new little man. THANK YOU MAGGIE!!!!! You didn't have to do that, but I want you to know that everything was a hit. We have been playing, coloring, and enjoying colored bath water since that package showed up.




Look at my new dino!!!!



Coloring!!!


I can even color with these.


Swimming in the big blue.


Saturday we did some cleaning (I can't do a lot of it now, so Colin stepped up and did most of the cleaning). We also played and walked some more. It is obvious that we will soon be a family of 4 so we are taking advantage of every second we have before things get crazy. But I have to say we are ready.


Sunday was the big day. THE EASTER BUNNY CAME!!!!! Jason was very excited. He picked up on the finding the eggs thing really fast and didn't want it to come to an end. After rehiding the eggs 4 or more times I started breakfast (white sauce). It was so much fun for all of us. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, playing and walking.




Jason's Easter basket.... pretty nice of the Easter bunny.




Hunting for eggs.


It was sad to see the weekend come to an end, but yesterday we had a doc appt. that we were very anxious for. It was a standard checkup until he started to measure the baby on the ultrasound............. we were right........... he is HUGE!!!!!!! As of yesterday he was already measuring 7lb 14oz. To put this into prospective, the upped my projected due date to April 2nd from April 13th. So, if I don't go into labor before next Monday, he is going to do one more ultrasound to check the baby's size and then we will discuss what day he will induce. But, the fact that I have been have contractions a lot!!!!!! I mean a lot!!!!! might mean that this little guy might come on his own this week. If not it is likelly that he will grow nearly 1 pound by next Monday which puts him at nearly 9 pounds. Another big boy for us. As I have said so many times, WE ARE READY!!!!! So, I will continue to get my walk on and eat spicey foods and wait. This is a true test of patients and I have realized, I don't have any.


This morning I woke up to Jason and Colin welcoming the baseball season by watching the Red Sox. It is their favorite team, so there is no better way to enter the baseball season in our house, unless they were at a game in person. So, Jason and I will spend the day playing basketball and baseball and possibly some dinosaurs too.


I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter weekend and that the Easter bunny brought you a bounty like Jason recieved. We will keep you informed on the happenings around here. But, this week I am going to focus on my walking............ Keeping our fingers crossed that we will be meeting this baby very soon. Take care everyone and have a great week.

1 comment:

amy said...

fingers crossed!

looks like you guys had a Great Easter weekend!