Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cold... BRRRRRR!!!!

Oh, it was a beautiful weekend. The snow began to fall on Friday and the town of Casper began to transform. When it is covered in the white stuff, it can look very beautiful. Our view looking off our deck over town sparkled with Christmas lights reflecting off of the big flakes. It was such a welcome sight. Jason kept on looking out the window saying "Cold...... BRRRRRRR!!!!" But, he knew that it meant he would get to go sledding. The kiddo is addicted now. If he could, he would go sledding every minute of every day. Too bad his nose gets cold. It means we have to drag the poor kid back into the house to warm up before we can go for another run. So we bundled up (I squeezed into my coat...... a bit like stuffing sausage into a casing) and made our way out into the cold. Thank goodness Colin is agile, I just can't get around like normal. When I go down in the snow with my layers on, I am stranded like a turtle on it's back. But, the men were able to get down and dirty, more wet though. I have a few pics of our sledding adventure.

Snowball lesson


Fast learner


Taking a ride with dad


Solo run

I spent most of the weekend baking, making around 100 caramel rolls for Christmas. Colin also gave me my Christmas gift early to help with the process. He gave me a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it. It cut my work down to almost nothing. Things still got messy, but it sure was fun. I really can't tell you how wonderful that mixer is. We haven't taken any pics of it yet, but it is a fire engine red bundle of power. I can't wait to make many more recipes using it.

Caramel roll marathon

The wind came up with avengence on Sunday, making for terrible sledding conditions. I have to say, I have never lived in a place where the wind comes up like that after a snow. Parts of town were consumed by a ground blizzard, but we seemed to avoid most of the blowing snow. The wind did blow a good portion of our snow away though. I guess that is one of the joys of Casper. Last night we got a couple more inches covering the ground once again. I just hope it doesn't blow away.

Jason and I are pretty excited about this week. I have another doctors appointment tomorrow and Colin has Friday off. It will be so nice to have a long weekend with the hus around. Jason is going to be pumped when he realizes that his dad doesn't have to go to work Friday morning. I will post tomorrow after my appointment. Nothing too crazy should happen though. I hope all of you had an excellent weekend and have a wonderful week. Take care and enjoy..................

1 comment:

The Kinley's said...

Love the built in sledding hill in your backyard, works good for the little guy. Just don't take him up on Casper mountain to the sledding hill till baby #2 is around 3 otherwise he'll never go down the one in the back yard again. Any names yet for the second little boy?

You'll have to pass some of your homemade recipes on to me. I got a Kitchen Aid mixer too...it was my "retirement" gift from Travis. Ha! ha! Funny since I have "retired" I have less time to cook then when I was working for a paycheck. I'm sure that will change soon and I can't wait to make cookies and fun stuff for JT...oh and Travis too ha, ha!

Stay warm and we'll see ya in 2 weeks!!!! By the way we will be there the 23rd - 30th, hope that works with y'all's schedule.