Thursday, December 20, 2007

The big man with the belly

The countdown is on. We have a few countdowns going on around here at this point in time. First for the big holiday. Only a few more days until Christmas. You may think that a kid under the age of 2 (1 1/2 weeks shy of 2) wouldn't really know who Santa Clause is, but our little guy is really getting it. If he sees a picture of Santa he screams CAUSE CAUSE, over and over until we say oh yeah it is Santa. He still isn't comfortable with the Santa in the mall, but I am not one of those parents that will make my kid sit on Santa's lap screaming so that I can get a picture. Yesterday a lady in the store asked him if he is being a good boy so that Santa will bring presents, his reply was priceless. He said "I good boy.... Santa come." That just melted my heart. Our little man is so very smart. He definitely knows what presents are too. I think he has known that one since last year. With his birthday and Christmas so close to each other he went through quite the gift opening race. He like to pull pull pull on the paper and really loves what he finds. So far the only thing he has opened was the Legos and although the container is entertaining (works well as a helmet for when he fights his dad), this is the first time I have actually seen him play with the contents first. He is quite the goof. Colin and I have been super excited about this Christmas since last year. The wait wasn't that long and these last few days are zooming by. Christmas will always be one of those special times of year that just gets better with every year that has passed. I just want to enjoy the time we have with our kids at home.

Today is Colin's last day of work for the week, the month........ THE YEAR!!!!! We are very excited that we get him home for this great time of year. Not only do we have Christmas, but we like to cram things into one week. Last year we closed on our house on the 27th of Dec. That was a huge moment for us so it is fitting that it happened around Christmas. The 28th of Dec. is our anniversary. This year is the big 5. I can't believe it has been that long. Then we have Jason's b-day on the 30th. That was also the day we moved into our house last year. So, you can see why this time of year we have so many countdowns and so many wonderful things to celebrate. This year we have one more countdown. It doesn't conclude in December, but it is something that we can be thankful for. We are nearly 100 days from having our second little man. The time is flying by with that countdown too. It wasn't too long ago that I looked at that countdown clock and saw 200 days left and thought, boy we don't have much time. Next thing you know we will have two little men at home.

I don't know if I will be posting between now and Christmas, but I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Have fun celebrating and we can't wait to hear about your Christmas excitement. Christmas stories can be the best. Take care and enjoy..................

4 comments:

Moody Family said...

Jason just told me "Santa bring me kitty." I don't think that will be happening any time soon, but it was cute. Just had to share.

cee.dub said...

you guys have a merry christmas! any traveling to meeteetse over the holidays?

Moody Family said...

We will be in Meeteetse on Sunday..... hope to see you there.

Korrin Lawson said...

Hey I am not sure yet how to do this site very well, but iam learning as I go. So I have made my own blog so we can some what keep in touch.