Friday, June 8, 2007

Warm Cricket Days of Summer?

So many people have problems with pests in their homes. We commonly hear about mice (though some of those tales are quite perplexing), roaches, even spiders. But, in our house we have a different pest problem. CRICKETS!!!!!

We began to find crickets in the beging of May. Every couple of weeks we would find one on the stairs, in a bathroom and sometimes in the livingroom. I never thought anything of it and surely didn't think it would be an issue in the future.

Then about 3 weeks ago I woke up with Jason in the middle of the night. To my suprise the crickets were chirping a chorus that night. It was really loud, so I closed the window in Jason's room. I thought the sound might be keeping him up. But, when I closed the window the sound didn't stop. The crickets weren't outside, they were inside his room. I quickly searched and when I approached the loud chirps the sound stopped. It was quite late so I decided to continue my investigation in daylight hours.

That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a problem since................That is until today. This morning I was doing laundry in the basement when the annoying chorus returned. It was all around me. So....................The hunt was on!!!!! I tore everything off of the walls and had my vacuum ready for attack. But, the moment I sucked one up another would start to chirp. After sucking up 11 today I am waving my white flag. It is hopeless............at least with that approach. My next tatic is poison. I am done with this hunting them one by one thing. It is an army against me. Now I must revert to chemical warfare. So............... soon those crickets will see their end. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and watch for those crickets. They can be lurking in any dark corner. They are watching you.....................................

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as cricket poison. This better not be a Bush war.