Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A fun weekend

I wanted to share some pics that I printed and hung on our wall. I hope you enjoy.








The long weekend was full of rest and fun. Friday night mom and dad took the kids. They played with their cousins and Saturday morning watched the mountain race which their cousin Lane and Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Dave ran in.

That night we continued our pinochle tourny and returned home to a surprise. I heared a loud hiss and surprise there was a cat under our bed. It had came in through the dog door, went past our dogs and got under our bed..... how horrible is that? Anyway.... Colin and I managed to get the thing outside and we hope that it never happens again.

Saturday we decided to float the river............... it took 3.5 hours. A deer crossed the river in front of us and we saw an endless number of bees. It was a great time. Colin and I have never done anything like that just the two of us and I think we liked it enough we will do it again. After the river trip we headed the M-town to enjoy a bbq at mom and dads, visit and pick up the kiddos. It was so nice to see everyone, but we were tired and excited to bring the boys home.

We didn't accomplish much Sunday but we did play a lot. Jason so very tired. That poor boy couldn't even function. Jacob never showed any sign of getting too tired, he just keeps on going. I worked on Jason's quilt too. As of today, all I need to do is finish sewing Steamboat and then we are off to wash it. It is awesome. I will share pics after I wash it.

Monday we started not knowing what to do and then we got a call. A friend of ours got an antelope and we were off to help butcher. Jason was so tired that he couldn't do it so I had to bring him home right away and he slept 14 hours that night. Colin assisted until the animal was cleaned down to the bone. Since everyone was sick of meat by the time they finished, I made a vegetarian dinner. Then it was time to play some pinochle again...... The Dream Team is making a comeback after falling behind.

The next morning Jason went to yet another day of preschool. He was well rested and ready to go. He just loves going. Jake and I had a mission while Jason was at school. We were on the hunt for a preasure cooker. It wasn't long and we had success. Next weekend I just might get my can on...... I can't wait. Hopefully we can get more apples. I would love to make apple butter. Last night I tried to make homemade chicken nuggets and I have to admit... THEY WERE YUMMY!!! That will be a recipe that we use a lot from now on.

Today the boys have a play date and we are ready.. I will finish up the quilt and have it ready to wash tomorrow. Tonight I am going to make some homemade pizza too. We are gearing up for another wonderful day.

I hope all of you are having a lovely week. Take care and we will talk to you soon.

No comments: