Sunday, December 14, 2008

brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I mean it!!!! It is cold. Our heat can only do so much. This has left us longing for a fireplace once again. I can tell you if the next house we buy will have a fire place if we have to put it in on our own, it will!!!!

I know I promised pictures, but things got a little crazy on this cold cold weekend. I mentioned in my last post that Jake was sick and teething. It turns out that he was more sick than we thought. After a nap on Friday evening he woke up with a raspy voice and a dry cough. Colin stayed calm while I basically freaked out. All of these horrible stories of babies with pnemonia and croup went through my mind. Then Colin brought me back to reality, reminding me that as long as he didn't have a hard time breathing and it didn't sound like he had fluid in his lungs he was probably ok. And if worse came to worse... there is a hospital here that we can go to at any time. There have only been a few times in my life that this convinience of a close hospital have made it worth living in a bigger town... but this was one of those. Although Thermopolis really is quite small.

That was a long night that involved a late night warm bath for Jacob and a lot of snuggling on the couch. Oh and we can't forget the humidifier. Needless to say, sleep wasn't high on the list. Saturday morning Jake woke up full of goo (thank goodness for asperators or as Jason would call it... a nose sucker). He was happy, croaky, but happy. Since he was eating well and still his wild self minus the voice and with a little bit of cough we decided that he didn't need to go in.

As night approached Jacob got a little worse but we decided it was because he was tired. He was still eating well and wanted to play with Jason. To make Saturday night better we put books under one end of his crib so that he wasn't laying flat and cranked the humidifier next to his crib. Finally we had a night of good sleep. He was still croaky and coughed some, but was able to sleep a little better.

When he woke up, he was acting more like himself than he had in a week. Jacob still doesn't have a voice, produces more goo than I have ever seen, and he coughs some, but his fever is non-existant and he is on the mend.

This has been the most frightening cold I have ever had one of my kids go throuh and it isn't over yet. It has been a huge learning experience as well. One thing we sure know now is that I am the one that panics and Colin plays it cool........... go figure.

A funny side note that I forgot to mention before is that every time Jason puts on snow pants he considers himself a hockey player. Also, there are special hockey player songs.... only Jason knows the words......While I am talking about Jason's musical abilities, he is an excellent song writer. He is better than me anyway (it doesn't take much). Here are a few lines from one of his latest songs..... I'm singing a song, fa la la la, I got stuck in there (as he points to his closet), Oh yeah!

I have to get... take care and drive careful....

No comments: