Monday, April 21, 2008

Settled in

After finishing up our first two weeks at home, we are finally getting in a groove. This is my 3rd day alone with both boys and I have to admit, it is much easier than I could ever have hoped for. Jason has his times when jealousy really kicks in, but he is such a good boy for the most part. He is my little helper...... really, not just in the sarcastic sense. Jake is coming into his own too. I feel like we are really getting to know him. He loves to eat and eat and eat and eat and eat. It really shows too. He is gaining so much weight. I can't believe how fast he is changing. After two weeks he really fills out the 0-3 month clothes well. His legs are getting rolls and his second and third chins are expanding fast. He is just a healthy little man. Jason has started this little thing where he loves to go and get a stuffed animal and pretend it is his baby too. He puts a diaper on it and rocks it to sleep...... he is even willing to share his blankets with his babies...... Jake still doesn't get that luxury. I am feeling great. It is incredible. There is no way a person could tell that two and a half weeks ago I was huge and miserable.............. life is good. I feel so good that yesterday we pulled the pee carpet out of Jason's room and replaced it with the same flooring we put in our bedroom. It looks great. I also did some painting........ we are definitely in a good place. I hope all of you are doing well and that you enjoy the pictures and the little videos of Jason showing off is good big brother skills once in normal voice and another in frog man (you will see what I mean when you watch them). Have a great week and I will post more pictures soon.


Too tired for a diaper change.
Jason, Jacob and the dog Jason said needs a diaper.

What did you do?
Wind down time.

2 comments:

The Kinley's said...

pulling up carpet, reflooring & painting? Is there anything you can't do? Maybe with your 2nd it's not such a huge life change and shock to you so you just roll with it. I hoping so. What little cuties they are!!

petecobb99 said...

on the cute scale, i'd say 11 out of 10!