Sunday, April 6, 2008

JACOB SCOTT MOODY!!!!!!!!!!



Our happy (Jason was still in shock) family


FINALLY!!!!!! Friday night my mom and dad came to town and with their arrival, my contractions came (8pm). Since Colin and I have been duped by contractions many times up to that point, we were in denial. After a few hours they were very strong and 2-3 minutes apart........ still, we didn't believe. But we went to the hospital just to verify the situation (10pm). When we arrived, sure enough it was the real thing. I was admitted and after getting my iv, it was already time for the epidural (WONDERFUL!!!!!!). I didn't even feel him do a thing, but the relief was something from story books. Things went very fast. We got the last delivery room in the place and got there just in enough time to get the epidural......... a few minutes later and we would have been too late. At 12:30 I was complete and ready to push. At 12:44 AM April 5th 2008 we welcomed Jacob Scott Moody to our family. He came out with an apgar of 9.9...... for those of you that don't know what that means, he was perfectly healthy............ He was 7lb 15oz and 20in long. The crazy kid came out fired up and it is obvious we have another wild one on our hands. Him and I were doing so well we were discharged from the hospital at 3:20PM the same day. It is so nice to be home. Colin has the week off so that he can help me with the two boys. I am doing very well, but am still recovering. Jake is amazing. He is always moving and the boy has a set of lungs on him that are hard to compete with.


Our little Jake
Who is that baby?
Holding Jake for the first time


Please don't drop him......
The proud dad
Getting better at holding his brother (or MY brudder as Jason would say)

SHHHHH Ciet..... he seeping......

The two Moody boys.
Our sweet little Jake in a rare peaceful moment

Jason is doing so very well too. At first he wasn't liking the idea that his dad was holding this new baby, but now he is all about being a big brother. He has really grown up over the weekend. If we need anything, he is right on top of it. One of his favorite things to do is hold his little brother and rock him (he also sings rock-a-bye-baby). Things are changing fast around here and we are enjoying every second of it........ even the no sleep part. I can't wait for everyone to meet our little Jake. We are now a happy family of four humans and two dogs....... a full house. I hope all of you are doing well. Have a wonderful week and I will have many tales of wild children to report on from now on.

3 comments:

The Kinley's said...

I get to be the 1st to say CONGRATS on blogspot!! What a cutie! Man they do really grow fast. I can't believe you were out of there the very same day. I guess resting at home is sometimes easier. Can't wait to meet him. We'll see him in 3 weeks!

Jeffrey said...

congrats from all the Warners in Vermont.

amy said...

Seriously, you are a champ! I can't believe that you came home the same day as you delivered.

Congratulations, what a cute little family you guys are!