Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Kids are the best

There have been shows made about things that kids say, such as kids say the darndest things, and it is soooooo true. When a sad face walks into this house, it isn't long before Jason has them rolling. He may not have a huge vocabulary, but he has a way with words. He also acts a lot of things out. Just to give you a taste of what he has said in the last couple of days (sorry if some of them aren't as funny if you weren't there) here goes.

We have this indoor bbq thing that goes on a stove top. It has two parts a pan and a bottom part that elevates it and catches the fat. Jason took this out of the cupboard and put the ring that acts as the base and put it on his head. Sorry I didn't have the camera ready, because that would have been a keeper. He called it a hat and was oh so proud of it. Colin told him that he looked like Don Quijote. This made Jason very angry and he glared before saying...... "It not Don Coat, it hat!!!!!!" So to torture the poor kid I kept on calling him Don Quijote and finally he got so angry he looked at me, put the "hat" on the table, pointed his finger at me and said "It hat!!!! You be bad!!!! Not cool ma ma!!!!" Then he walked away. He hasn't touched the bbq pieces since. What a funny little man.

Also the Moe/Jason saga continues. Our beagle has decided that Jason's bed is her's. So, when we are all fast asleep, she goes into his room, pulls all of the blankets off of Jason and even takes his prized blankies before going to sleep at the bottom of the bed. Then we hear this loud cry. When we go in there we have to take the blankets back and kick Moe out of his bed. For a kid that doesn't sleep well anyway............this is not a good thing. I think that is why he always goes up to Moe and tells her, "Moe, no, bad, you not nice!!!"

Another crazy bed story involves and ongoing problem with Jason peeing through his diaper in the middle of the night. For a couple of weeks he was doing just that a few times a week. So, I would get up and clean up the mess and put him back to bed. Then one night he walks into our bedroom and smacks me on the cheek to wake me up. When I opened my eyes, I saw him holding his stuffed gorilla out to the side by the tip of its little hand with two fingers. As soon as he knew I was awake, he said......"HE PEED!!!!!" before he turned around and walked back to his room. He had peed through his diaper again and blamed it on the stuffed gorilla. I can see him blaming a lot of things on his younger sibling in the future.

The final thing I can think of off the top of my head is Jason's ideas about the new baby. Now that my belly is larger, he knows that something is there. We have told him it is the baby and he knows what a baby is so now he rationalizes it in his own way. He has a belly, but I have a baby. He also talks to it through what he calls the baby button. And with all of this baby talk, he has a new saying. When he doesn't want to do something and throws a big temper tantrum he looks at me and says..... "I not big boy... I baby." And so it begins.

I wish I could remember all of the little things Jason does, but there are just so many that I can't think of them all. I hope this has brought a smile to your faces...... it sure does mine. Once again, I apologize for not having any pics this time, but I am sure I will have more soon.......

Take care everyone and keep on smiling..............

No comments: