Friday, November 9, 2007

Finger licking good

From the title, you might be thinking chicken, but it isn't. Our little man just continues to amaze us with how much he learns every day. Some of it is from observation, but night before last he did something that shocked both Colin and I. We were eating chicken breasts with fresh broccoli (always have to have a green veggie) and some noodles when Jason asked to pour some dressing on his plate. He has really gotten into the pouring thing. If it is pouring pepper, water into another glass or even the dreaded ranch dressing. Colin and I don't eat much dressing, in fact it has a tendency to get outdated before it is half way gone. That is why we were surprised to see what Jason did with it. He poured the ranch on his plate and then decided that he would just dip his broccoli in it and lick off. But that wasn't enough. He spit out what little broccoli he got into his mouth and began to use his finger as a utensil. He was dipping his finger in the ranch and licking it off. This is very gross for me since ranch and I don't get along the best now that I am pregnant. I have to say that this is something he picked up on his own. He has never seen his dad or I do anything like that................... So, here is a video of the little man doing something that grosses me out so very much.

All is going very well here. The weather has been mild and my foot is finally getting well enough that Jason and I can venture out on short walks...... I think I will be able to take the dogs with us by next week. He and I were both quite excited over this improvement.

As I mentioned earlier he has a growing vocabulary. He has gotten into this super learning stage. One of his new favorite activities is pointing to things and telling me what they are. He can even tell stories that kind of make sense now. Instead of just puting random words that he knows together, he actually makes a point (some of the time). My favorite stories are jokes. He will go on and on and then laugh at the end of his sentence. We still can't understand most of these stories, but it is obvious that we are supposed to laugh with him. He also sings the song, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes.............. I will get that on video over the weekend. It is one video I will be watching over and over again.

Well, I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend. We wish all of you that are traveling (Maggie and Gary) a safe trip. Take care and I look forward to sharing more stories with you next week. So, Go Pokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

coalesm said...

that's funny that jason eats ranch like that.. william usually only eat the ranch when he has it with something else.. he was spooning it in his mouth the other day.. gross!