Thursday, April 2, 2009

Eat on!!

Jacob looking cute as always.


My sweet angel building another masterpiece.

For years we have had a dining set that was passed down to us by my sister. It worked well when there was just Colin and I but as we added to our family and we had more people over for dinner, it would no longer be sufficient. Two of the chairs were "trick" chairs. They would collapse if you sat on them wrong. Colin and I usually sat on those chairs in fear that they would fall to the ground when someone else sat on them. It only happened a few times, but once was one to many. A few weeks ago we decided it wasn't worth the worry anymore and we ordered a new dining set online. This came with many fears that it wouldn't be as nice as it looked in the pictures and that it would be damaged during delivery. After waiting for a couple of weeks it finally arrived last night.

Some boxes
The thing about ordering a dining table with 8 chairs is that it has to be delivered by a large truck and a special delivery company. This particular set fit on one pallet. There was a total of 5 boxes, one being very large since it was the top of the table. Since it is solid walnut, it was also very heavy. I am happy to report shortly after our delivery arrived I began to assemble it. (Colin was at the gym playing basketball)

Two chairs waiting to be put together.
It was a process to say the least. By the time we went to bed 4 chairs and a table were sitting in the dining room. It is beautiful, better than we could have hoped for. My two little helpers worked with me on this project and it was a task to say the least. But after last nights efforts and a couple of hours this morning, our new set is complete. I can't wait to eat at it tonight. Still don't know what I want to make, but it has to be extra special since we are going to eat it at our new table.


In other news, Jake will be 1 on Sunday. I can't believe how fast time goes by. Just to think last year at this time I thought I would be whale like for the rest of my life and I didn't even know my littlest man. Since then, Jason has grown up so much. He is potty trained, has learned to speak so well you would think he was in Kindergarten, and on top of and endless list of accomplishments he is the best big brother I have ever seen. As for Jake, I can't believe one year ago I didn't know what he would look like or what his personality would be. It is hard to remember those days without his laughter and that dimple smile. Now he is a walking man (when he chooses to anyway) and is saying some words. It is just overwhelming to think how much our lives change in just one year, but I wouldn't change a thing. I am the luckiest person I know. I have a wonderful family and wonderful friends. And now we are going to celebrate the fact that the youngest member of our family has made it through his first year of learning and loving life. Now is a time for us to reflect and look forward to all of the excitement to come... Have a great weekend everyone and I will post pics of the party weekend next week.

No comments: