Monday, April 6, 2009

The Big #1




Jake running around very excited that people were arriving for his party..... little did he know what was to come.


Last weekend was a pretty important one for the books. Our little Jacob turned 1. We began Saturday by making a lot of chili. It was very good you should really try it sometime. Everyone began showing up around 12. As soon as the whole crowd arrived (Aaron and Chris weren't able to make it due to bad roads and a small patch of ice.... Glad all of you are ok and your car is too.) We were very fortunate that the bad weather never hit Thermopolis.



He really wanted to grab the candle...

After consuming pounds and pounds of chili it was time for cake. That was Jakes favorite part of his party. He dug in.... not really wanting to eat it, but it was way better than any play doh. The pictures explain it all.
It was just beginning...
cake is fun.
Squishy.....
This is soooo much fun.
Notice the chunks flying in the air.
After Jake got a quick bath it was on to the gifts. Our little birthday boy was very tired by that time and took the lyrics..... It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..... to heart. But the second he saw that one of the gifts was a ball that frown was gone and the dimples were back. Then to top it off after the party began to wind down and my parents were getting ready to leave.... Jake walks over to my dad, grabs his leg, and after my dad picked him up he waved bye bye to me and pointed to the door. He wanted to go home with my dad. What a little nut.


He is just so cute.

Once he opened this ball nothing mattered but chasing it.

He never figured out how to open the presents.
Thank you everyone for coming. It was so much fun and I wish more of our friends could have shared in Jakes big party.
Jacob sitting with his daddy.
By this time Jake had eaten soooo much chili. Look at it all over his face.

Jake playing with his new Clipo table
Sunday was Jakes actual birthday and we had a great day. Colin and I took the boys to the dinosaur center here in town.... EVERYONE SHOULD GO!!!! It is soooo cool. Jason's exact word were... "You have got to be kidding me!!!" After enjoying our time at the dino center we went to the state park for a walk by the hot pools. Last night we topped off a great b-day with barbecued burgers and reading some books.
It was a perfect weekend.... I just love my little family so much I don't have words to describe it. We are just having a really difficult time coming to terms with our little baby turning into a toddler. I guess kids grow up and we just have to enjoy every day as much as we can. So, back to playing and enjoying my men. Have a great week everyone!!!

No comments: