Monday, April 13, 2009

A day at the river

Today was a perfect day for walking to the river... the catch was Colin was at work. That means that I had to pull the wagon and walk the dogs. It wouldn't be bad if the dogs were trained to walk on their leashes a little better.... Have I ever mentioned that we live about as far away from the river as you can if you live within the city limits. It isn't so bad going down to the river with the herd, it is the walk up the hill.

The craziness started right away.... On the way to the state park, Jake dropped the camera, I didn't notice and a nice man chased me down in his pickup catching me 15 blocks down holding my camera... thank goodness for nice people. If he hadn't given me the camera back I wouldn't have gotten these great pics.


It was a blast.... we had so much fun that on the way back the kids were tired, I was tired (More tired than I get from an intense 1 hour workout at the gym) and the dogs were tired. The problem was that the dogs were so tired that Moe tried to lay down on the sidewalk part way home... we still had a long ways to go. I thought about tossing her in the wagon with the boys but decided that would just cause a lot of crying (the kids and Moe) so pulled her up the hill and back to the house... I really had to drag her. We made it home in one piece and the kids instantly perked up and it was time to play with the toys in the back yard again... needless to say we are all tired tonight. We are hoping that the rain showers hold off until the afternoon tomorrow so that we can go on another long adventure... Have a great week.

No comments: