Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Funny, Goofy, Goober Men

Last weekend we had a great time celebrating Colin's birthday. Friday night I roasted a chicken and made some lemon bars since that is one of his favorite deserts. Saturday was beautiful so we spent our day going for walks and playing. It was a blast. Sunday was the family party day. Colin's parents, my parents, and my grandpa all made it for the festivities. I made a cheesecake and enough tacos to feed an army. There is nothing better than good company and good food.

After the weekend of fun Colin went back to work and the boys and I took on the task of trimming the hedges. This is much more difficult than it sounds. It didn't help that they haven't been trimmed in years. 5 hours in.... we were tired. Thank goodness the weather was beautiful. Although we didn't finish all of the hedges yet, we are on a break from the project. The weather has been too nice not to take advantage of it. We have spent hours at the park every day. I just load the kids into the wagon, hook the dogs to their leashes and we are off. I don't even get that good of exercise at the gym.

As I mentioned we have been spending a lot of time outdoors and I think it finally caught up with the boys yesterday. After spending 4.5 hours at the park we came home to eat lunch. Jason was sooooooooo hungry (those were his words) so I gave him a peanut butter and honey sandwich. He started out eating it very fast. I turned my head to make myself one and when I looked back, his face was deep in his plate. He was actually snoring with honey and peanut butter stuck to the side of his face and his glasses. I cleaned his face up and he didn't even stir. Then I layed him in the chair while I ate. 15 minutes later he woke up and asked... Did I finish my sandwich? He was just sure that he had eaten the sandwich and didn't remember. Now that was a tired kid.

Jacob is truly a wild man. He is taking 2 or 3 steps on a regular basis now. One thing that he can't get enough of is playing cars. He spins in circles making engine noises as fast as he can until he falls over from dizziness. Jake has also mastered making dinosaur noises. He picks up a dinosaur, chases the dogs and growls. It is a sight to behold.

I would post pics if I could get them to upload. I will try again tomorrow. I hope all of you are enjoying your week. Take care and I will get those pictures up as soon as possible.

No comments: