Monday, May 21, 2007

Watching Grass Grow!!

Taking a break to color.
What a weekend it was. We put some finishing touches on the back yard and watered mud. I know that it takes a while for grass to come up, but watering mud gets old. I will get back to that soon. The patio took us a while to finish. Last week I went out every day to level the ground, pack it and put the pavers down. For those of you that haven't done it......It is about as much fun as well...................... watching grass grow. There isn't any excitement and it takes a long time.

The Patio.
As you can see from the picture we finally finished the bulk of the project. Now we have to finish sweeping sand into the cracks. This is a lot more fun than the last stage and a lot easier on the body. It was all worth it though. I love the patio and can't wait to have grass out back so that we can spend our days playing back there. It will be a blast.

Looking down from the garage door.
But last night there was a glimmer of hope.......... Green..................Yes......I saw green. It was some grass that poked out of the mud in the evening sun. I haven't felt so happy and relieved about something so silly for quite some time. I guess we have to have those days though. I will continue to show you all updates on the yard. We also planted 3 trees out back and 3 rose bushes out front. I will take some pics of those later when they look like more than sticks with a few leaves. Have a great week.....................................

7 days after planting!!!



No comments: