Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Thank God!!!!

I really don't know how to start this post in any other way than to say that we should all count our blessings every second of every day. Last night we were reminded this..........

On Monday Colin had new tires put on his work pickup. He had it done at a shop in Douglas. On his way home of course he had to drive on the Interstate. Then yesterday he made the trip to work past Glenrock..... Once again on the Interstate. Last night he was talking to me when he was driving home, on the Interstate again. His pickup started to shake so he thought the tires were out of ballance. This would make the most sense since just had new tires put on. He told me he would get that fixed this week. Then he heared a clunking sound as he got off of the Interstate. This was strange, but there is so much wrong with the pickup he figured he would look it over when he arrived at our house and he had to get it into the shop anyway (he was about 5 minutes at the most from our house). We got off of the phone at that point so that I could finish dinner. He was less than 5 minutes from our house so I didn't have much time. Then about 3 minutes later I got another call from him......................... He wanted me to look in the phone book for a tow truck. My heart dropped. It turns out that he was making a turn at a stop light when his WHEEL FELL OFF!!!!!!!!!! If you think you mis read you didn't the wheel actually came right off. Some of the lug bolts sheered and the wheel flew off grazing a pickup that was parked at the stop light. It then rolled a long ways into an empty lot. Colin kept his cool and control of the pickup and proceeded to pull up on the sidewalk. There is no place to park at that particular intersection but he was able to get out of everyones way. It is just amazing and a blessing that the wheel didn't fall off when he was going 75mph on the Interstate. He put around 120 miles on those new tires before this happened. If it would have happened anywhere else it could have been much worse. It could have been much worse as it was. The wheel could have smashed into another car or Colin could have lost control. There was someone looking out for Colin last night and we couldn't be more thankful for that. It offered some amazing pictures that are on my cell because I didn't have the camera. So, I will show all of you pics when we are in person. It was the strangest thing to see. I can't imagine what it was like for Colin to be driving and have that happen. So, just tell everyone you know how much to care about them because you never know when some freak accident will happen. We are counting our blessings and I will never let Colin or Jason out of my sight without telling them how much I love them.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Colin is DEFINATELY lucky that didn't happen on the interstate! And so are Lori and Jason! I'm glad he is okay and everyone on the road around him are too! Is the tire place going to pay for the tow truck and to get it all fixed???

Moody Family said...

When Colin went to work this morning he had to tell his boss what happend. I will keep you updated on what happens, but I am sure the tire shop will have to pay for the damages.

Moody Family said...

A quick update. Colin's boss was very understanding and the tire shop is going to pay for all of the expenses caused by their mess up. So, Colin is taking another pickup to work and is feeling much better about everything. We are just so thankful he is ok.