Saturday, October 10, 2009

Grandpa


A story teller and joker at heart Charles Scott was one to light up rooms when he entered. He loved airplanes, projects, dogs and spending time with family and friends. Any person that met him never forgot him. He brought laughter and smiles to so many.

I have so many stories I wish I could share, but I will cut it down to a chosen few. There were those about dirt ball fights with the neighbor children, playing hookie, and toy airplanes when he was a child. He was a man of so many talents and he loved to tell stories about all of his adventures.

After joining the Army he had to go over seas via banana boat. Not many things could get the best of grandpa, but that banana boat almost did. Boy did that boat make him sick. While in the Army he had so many adventures and there was nothing better than listening to him tell stories about them.

Now all of us that are related to him are so lucky that he met Grandma Scott. Thank goodness they had my dad and uncle Ron. He loved to take pictures and documented everything very well. He had a video camera when Dad and Ron were kids and he had so many great videos. There was one in particular of Ron and Dad sledding. He loved to show that one both forward and backward, real motion and slow motion, laughing the whole time.

Every person that met him came away with a story, a smile and a laugh. I was fortunate enough to have such a great man as grandpa. I learned so much from him. He taught me how to fish, how to check if a spark plug had a spark, and how to snipe hunt. There was this one time when he greased up my tricycle for me. As I was going down the hill, my handlebars broke off and I was so sure Grandpa sabotaged me. He gave me a hard time about that every time I saw him.

We never had a dull moment with Grandpa around. Watching the dogs dig was even exciting. There was always a joke or a prank. That is how I will remember him, happy and full of life. He lived every day to the fullest. Grandpa will live on in our hearts and through our memories.

Service will be at 2:00 Wednesday the 14th of October at the LDS church in Meeteetse. In lieu of flowers please give donations to the Park County Humane Society, Box 203, Cody, WY 82414. Thank you.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Lori, your Grandpa was amazing! Whenever I saw him he always made me feel like I was family. He had the best jokes and such a great sense of humor!! The next Warner party won't be the same without him, and we will all miss him. Let me know if you need anything...

The Kinley's said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. Our deepest sypmathy