Monday, August 10, 2009

What a week

The boys always keep me on my toes. This last week has been no exception. We have had a wild time of a lot of play. When Jason was a baby I used to worry about taking a break and just playing, but now I realize that play days are the most important. Kids can only be kids for so long so we are going to enjoy it. We start our day with a good breakfast and a nice walk with the dogs. I can't tell you how many people stop to comment on me pulling the two boys in the wagon and walking the dogs at the same time.... Everyone says the same thing too. "You look like you have your hands full." It is goofy. After that we get home and have a snack before we get a little play time in... usually cars or Legos. On nice days we are outside and the kiddos never fail to sneak into the pool. Then we are on to a wonderful lunch full of riveting conversation. Jason is so fully of stories it is never boring. After lunch Jake will go down for a nap, Jason plays outside and I take a quick shower while I have an opening. We try to play hard until 4 and then I make dinner. The boys love to help. They are quite the little chefs. Evenings are my favorite. We sit around the table for dinner and talk. Jake even gets in on the dinner conversation. It is a blast. After dinner we go for a walk, play, or work on a project before bath time and bed time. It is so much fun to work on things as a family. We always laugh a lot.

Over the weekend we have added a few projects to the list. Colin and I purchased a playground for the boys. It is huge and has everything you can imagine even a pirate lookout with ship wheel. That is fine and dandy, but it recommends 12 hours or more to assemble. After diving into the project yesterday we made it to step 5 of 25.... this is going to take a very long time. It will be very cool when it is finished.

I am also learning how to sew. Instead of buying material to make my first quilt Colin and I gathered all of our old sweatshirts and stained baby blankets for material. It will be the ugliest quilt, but I am loving it. Jason loves how it feels already. This is one of those projects I am taking my time with but I am sure it will be finished soon.

I have posted more pictures here. I will post more pics of our playground progress as it unfolds. Hope all of you are doing well. Congratulations Maggie on your new home. Can't wait to see it. Till next time everyone!!!

No comments: