Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello Spring


Dancing with Jason to some Willy Nelson until he was done for the night.

To start this week I figured I would share a quote I recieved in an e-mail. It pretty much sums up the two major rules of fixing things in our house.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: In life, you only need two tools - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use the WD-40. If it should not move and does, use the duct tape.


Our bedroom's new color.
It has been a crazy few weeks here in Casper with all of the painting around our house. It is really coming together though. The weather has been beautiful and it has given us a chance to really enjoy getting outside. The worst part of the day is when we have to go back inside. Hopefully it will be beautiful the weekend of the 11th because that is the day we are going to do the dirt work in the yard. I can't wait for that to be done.

As I said before, we have been super busy working on the house. With that comes a lot of cleaning as well. There isn't just the normal mess, but the messes we make with our updates and painting. Well last week I was vacuuming when all of the sudden I started to smell smoke. I didn't think that was all that unusual, so I just turned off the vacuum to let it cool off, but it just kept on smoking. Then it happened .................... Fire!!!!!!!.......................Yes, I just said fire. There was fire coming out from the base of the vacuum. I quickly got it out to the deck and dumped a glass of water on it. Suprisingly enough nothing else was damaged, just the vacuum. It is done for. It took a few days for the smoke smell to go away, but we are back to the norm. I am just thankful that we usually are very boring people because I don't think I could deal with that kind of excitement on a regular basis. By the way if Jason evey goes to any of your houses, watch out, he thinks that it is ok to dump water or juice on vacuums now. What a helper. Have a great start to your week everyone and I hope that none of you have vacuums plotting against you.




Helping Dad start his pickup.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love the color of your room! You guys are doing such a great job! Jason is the perfect helper.... he paints, fixes vacuums, starts cars.... everything!